Nesta

Clubber

Under your bed, playing Monopoly with the Bogeyman
I have heard no rumours, am not in the know and am only putting this out there as a question. Also not seen it posted.

Would you have Nesta? I think he would be a superb cover player, and would also help develop others and pass on some great knowledge about the game. If we could get rid of Kolo (He's on, but never been too keen on him, as he seems nervy), and bring him in Nesta for cover if Kompany or Lescott get injured. We saw how lacking we were this season when either were out.

Nesta is on a free, and with his age, would maybe not be so upset to be used 'sparingly'. Only issue may be high wage demands for a 'back up'.

Lucio available on a free as well. Haven't seen enough of either of them this season to really judge but you couldn't find a more experienced player than either of these. Theyd be good for the younger lads especially.

I'd assume Nesta would be first choice due to the Italian connection but don't think we could go wrong with either one.

It would be an awkward situation because he is better than Lescott but I'm not sure how he'd perform in this league.

We'd kind of have to start him but he'd only be here for a year so it would be completely pointless.

Nesta is a top class defender, however I think we will give him a miss this time.
Whilst Mancini has previous for bringing in experienced players, Nesta is in to his late thirties unlike Viera and Pizzarro who we brought in in their early thirties. At best I can't see him having more of an impact than sylvinho, he is uncomfortable with pacy players and I think he is too old to adapt to league and keep up the consistentcy that playing for our club would demand. Apparantly he is looking at moving outside of Europe anyway, I think that is best bet he can earn a decent wedge and get the required playing time to showcase his talents.

I think we should be looking at younger players for the CB slot, Kyriakos Papadopoulos of Schalke would be a great signing, 20 Years old, big comanding and listed as Greece's key player for the Euros by FourFourtwo, can also play infront of the back four and he is future captain of club or country material, a proper defender none of this Phil "Duncan Edwards" Jones rubbish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.