Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Czech Republic on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MCFC1993

Netherlands v Czech Republic

Sunday 27th June 2021

Kicks off at 17:00 (BST) at the Puskas Arena in Budapest, Hungary. Full capacity.

Coverage begins at 16:15 (BST) on ITV 1, no other information so far.

Referee: Sergei Karasev (RUS)

The winner will play Denmark in the quarter final.

NETHERLANDS
One of the teams that’s won every game and quietly gone under the radar but I think most people are waiting for them to have their first real test. Dumfries and Wijnaldum have been their stand-out players in this tournament, they’ve scored 5 goals between them. Wijnaldum looks a different player to the one that was at Liverpool, he plays further forward and is much more of a goal threat. No team scored more than the Netherlands in the group stages.

Form at Euro 2020:
Netherlands 3-2 Ukraine
Netherlands 2-0 Austria
North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands

Euro 2020 goal scorers:
Georginio Wijnaldum – 3
Denzel Dumfries – 2
Memphis Depay – 2
Wout Weghorst – 1

CZECH REPUBLIC
They got themselves qualified fairly early from the group stages but dropped from 1st to 3rd in their final group game, I think it probably gave them a slightly easier game but not by much. They probably would have took just getting out of the groups. I think they have it in them to frustrate the Netherlands, they certainly didn’t make it easy for England, they could nick it if things go their way. Patrik Schick is the only player to have scored for them, he’s one of the many players on 3 goals.

Form at Euro 2020:
Scotland 0-2 Czech Republic
Croatia 1-1 Czech Republic
Czech Republic 0-1 England

Euro 2020 goal scorers:
Patrik Schik – 3

Last edited:
It is vaguely possible that we could give Holland a tough game and get a result but I think our suspect defence might well cost us dearly and get overrun.

Holland must be odds on favourites for this one but if we are at our best, there's always a chance (however slight). That's what I'm pinning my hopes on anyway.

It is vaguely possible that we could give Holland a tough game and get a result but I think our suspect defence might well cost us dearly and get overrun.

Holland must be odds on favourites for this one but if we are at our best, there's always a chance (however slight). That's what I'm pinning my hopes on anyway.
I thought you downplayed the Czech’s chances unduly before the tournament started.

They're not the best side, but have a decent striker and are a threat from set pieces, whilst being defensively solid.

The likelihood is that this is the end of the road, but it wouldn't surprise me if they sneaked a 1-0 either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.