Neven Subotic

wanderer72 said:
Andouble said:
wish he decided to play for U.S.A. :(

He's a Bosnian (Serb), so I see at least one national team he'd be more appropriate playing for, rather than the US.

maybe but he spent his entire childhood and teen years in the U.S., there have been stranger connections of players representing countries than if Subotic played for the U.S. Him and Giuseppe Rossi (Villareal/Italy) would have been two huge building blocks for the national team had they committed.

Andouble said:
wanderer72 said:
He's a Bosnian (Serb), so I see at least one national team he'd be more appropriate playing for, rather than the US.

maybe but he spent his entire childhood and teen years in the U.S., there have been stranger connections of players representing countries than if Subotic played for the U.S. Him and Giuseppe Rossi (Villareal/Italy) would have been two huge building blocks for the national team had they committed.

You forgot Ibisevic of Hoffenheim, but thankfully he chose his native Bosnia in the last minute.

Andouble said:
wanderer72 said:

Supposedly while he was on the USA youth team, an coach after an match called him out to the press, saying he was poor. Didnt wear the US shirt again. Coach said wasnt good enough for Usa U20 squad.

He had lived in USA for 10 years at the time. Moved to German, then USA during the war, had family in states.

no thanks

we have one of the best future CB in the world

yes >> he is "Frederic Veseli" the captain of swiss U-18 team which had won the world cup 2009

.Veseli_s.jpg

and there is a very good video of him playing in the world cup :

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbeb12_veseli_sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbeb12_veseli_sport</a>

i wish mancini give him a chance
-----

if not there would be some choices as well as subotic :
Hangeland (fulham)
Pedro Geromel (Koln)
Spahic

even though, i think if mancini use these players (M.Richards - Kompany - Onouha(....) - Lescott) it wouldn't be bad at all

Spahic (Emir Spahic, Bosnia captain, currently plays for Montpellier) is being linked with Villa for the past few days. He will go there probably if Houllier doesn't get sacked.

hatasi_15 said:
no thanks

yes >> he is "Frederic Veseli" the captain of swiss U-18 team which had won the world cup 2009

.Veseli_s.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbeb12_veseli_sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbeb12_veseli_sport</a>

-----

Hangeland (fulham)
Pedro Geromel (Koln)
Spahic

even though, i think if mancini use these players (M.Richards - Kompany - Onouha(....) - Lescott) it wouldn't be bad at all

Would like us to bring some youth through so nice to hear good stuff about Veseli.

If we were to buy, I would like Mats Hummels, from Dortmund. Great young centre half who was brilliant against the England under 21 in the recent Euros final. Looks a cracking buy.

At 1.83m tall, is Fred Veseli big enough for a centre half? Bring back the days of Dave Watson and that hard-as-nails Scottish guy we used to have. My memory has suddenly gone blank...Colin Hendry, that's the one.

I rate Subotic a lot, but I feel he is a touch too slow at present to really dominate the prem. Another year/18 months in Germany at least, developing his reading of the play and he will be a monster.

okstate99 said:
Andouble said:

Supposedly while he was on the USA youth team, an coach after an match called him out to the press, saying he was poor. Didnt wear the US shirt again. Coach said wasnt good enough for Usa U20 squad.

He had lived in USA for 10 years at the time. Moved to German, then USA during the war, had family in states.

You have to realize that you are talking about the USSF(United States Soccer Federation) and it is run by a complete group of clowns led by Sunil Gulati. Gulati is such a puppet it isn't even funny. He chose to bring back a massive underachieving national team manager in Bob Bradley because he refused to give Jurgen Klinsmann complete managerial control for the entire system when it comes to players and coaches. You can bet if Klinsmann was in charge the U.S. would not be losing nearly as many players with dual citizenship as they currently are. There are a handful of top young talents, similar to Rossi and Subotic, that the U.S. is on the verge of losing if they don't get rid of Gulati and Bradley.

hatasi_15 said:
no thanks

.Veseli_s.jpg

-----

Hangeland (fulham)
Pedro Geromel (Koln)
Spahic

wat about boyata

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.