New blog article by shevtheblue

matrix said:
Great story on how you became a city fan, do you still keep in touch with chris?
I would like to give it a Hollywood ending and say we met each other at the FA Cup final, but when my school merged with the local "Junior" school and became what is now known as Primary School; Chris' dad decided to move him on somewhere else. Oddly, I don't remember speaking to him about it or even the last time I met him (i actually have a hard time picturing what he looks like unless I take a look at one of those horrible old school pictures) but I suppose as kids you move from one thing to another fairly quickly and forget easily..thank fuck it didn't happen with City though!

I suppose a Hollywood ending is that my missus is pregnant and I will make damn sure he/she gets a "proper" City childhood, the kind that many fellow blues had and I was always jealous of. CTID.

taksin said:
i work in London with many reg varneys as we call them, and as you say they take the easy option of supporting either Liverpool or Man u!, i have managed to convert one of them to the future?, that is City!...I am very proud that you stuck with us through thick n thin....mostly thin....your article was brilliant and brought a tear to my eye, as i have been through it the last 15-20 years!, many thanks Shev.
Growing up, its quite understandable that a lot of kids picked Utd or Liverpool and once you've got a team i've always said it's almost unthinkable that someone would even think about changing surely? That said, around the age of maybe 10-ish I had managed to convert 3/4 younger cousins to City but as they grew up and made it to school and realised they got dogs abuse for it they changed their minds.
I suppose this is the same no matter where you come from though, look at all these kids that became Chelsea fans a few years ago all of a sudden. Ironically the newer wave will be City fans simply due to our players and hopefully success, so you'll probably see a lot more City shirts parading round the streets of London - can't say I like that one bit, but if that's the price you pay (even though we have paid a lot over the years!) then so be it.

Didsbury Dave said:
shevtheblue said:
Dave, you're probably about right there mate especially with the tackiness!

I'd hoped you didn't find that comment a bit crass!
I have been known to be quite insensitive myself and admittedly i'm closer to the 'anything goes' side of the fence, so I found that more funny than crass if i'm honest :D
That and the fact that my in laws gave me some custom made bedding from Dubai as a present that was a range of different (disgusting) colours along with an expensive dining set that came with what I can only describe as a dark shiny red flask that had shiny cubic zirconia's all around the top. So, tacky is spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.