New blog articles from Prestwich_Blue & David Mooney

Re: New blog article from Prestwich_Blue

Good work as usual Col. Gonna struggle to do my blog this week as I'm off on holiday tomorrow. Will be back the week after though.

Are you sure we'd lost seven on the bounce to Neverton? We beat them at Woodison a couple of seasons ago with goals from Robinho and Ireland.

Overall though, it's bang on the money and I didn't have any issues with the Everton game plan with the exception of the thuggish behaviour

Cracking article.

As for Moyes, his complete lack of grace is no surprise. Indeed he is well cut
out in that respect anyway to succeed Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford.

Even though there is thankfully, rarely any major trouble these days, there’s
never any love lost between City and Everton fans. Yes, we have a lot in common (large, loyal followings and two worldwide money-machine ‘glamorous’ clubs as neighbours), and yet both sets of fans couldn’t be more different. For a city that prides itself in its humour, Everton fans collectively anyway, aren’t
exactly familiar with the ‘h’ word, or an ability to laugh at themselves.
Indeed, the excellent John Bishop apart (and he is a Liverpool supporter), you
rarely find the words ‘Merseyside’ and ‘self-deprecating’ in the same
sentence.

I have a dear, long standing friend who is an Evertonian. He is a cracking
bloke with a brilliant sense of humour. Over the years we’ve even sat together
at matches between our two clubs on occasion (I have to say, though, that I can no longer stomach listening to a load of bitter Scousers slagging off our own Boys in Blue). My friend knows that I really don’t like Everton and never have (they are just behind Tottenham in the “dislike stakes” for me with the rags about a furlong in front of Spuds), and he didn’t care for Johnny Bond’s City side in the 1980s (to say the least) but this has never affected our friendshipadversely, which is much to his credit. Unlike David Moyes, he was grown up enough to be sporting in defeat, and he certainly was last Saturday. I can’t help thinking that he deserves better than the niggly, ale house thuggery that Moyes serves up. In common with several Evertonians, he believes Moyes has lost the plot. Indeed the club of Dixie Dean, Kendall, Ball and Harvey, not to mention Peter Reid, Ratcliffe and Sharp deserve better. What happened to the so-called ‘School of science’ that Everton like to think they have? I don’t buy the ‘Everton are hard up’ line that their club likes to peddle nowadays, because they still have a wealth of talent at their disposal. They still have a lot of good players: Howard, Jagielka, Baines, Distin, Fellaini, Cahill, Osman, as well as Rodwell, and they should be playing better football than they do. I can imagine Mark Hughes or Roberto Martinez serving up better, more watchable football than Moyes does, and acting with far more dignity. Still, that’s their problem, not ours thankfully. It was great to take 3 points off them.

Like buses, you wait ages for one and then two come along at once. Typical.

Anyway, David Mooney's assessment of the match report on Everton's website is online now:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2011/09/26/did-we-watch-the-same-game/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/ind ... same-game/</a>

Thanks to David.

Both great articles, particularly enjoyed PB's....hit the nail on the head for me, I do think the Moyes situation stems back to his days at Preston though and the sale of Jon Macken.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:56 am --<br /><br />http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2431855/Keegan-settles-record-deal-to-sign-Macken.html

David Moyes, the Preston manager, said: "I am disappointed at the loss of Jon Macken to Manchester City but, in receiving an offer of £5 million, I consider that is a fair price. The timing of this is not good but sometimes this happens in football."

Direct quote from the Telegraph in 2002..says much and more imo.

Two excellent articles.

I did the article - "They cant stand me now" in "The Daisy Cutter" on Saturday for Toma and I have put the link in below.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.u</a>​k/

For anyone who wasn't on the Everton thread "Why do you hate Everton" the other night; our resident Blue Dipper Darker Shade of Blue threw one of the biggest tantrums ever seen on the Forum accusing Toma basically of "Stirring" up the hostilities between the two sets of fans.

Almost all points and views in the thread and those quoted in "The Cutter" which Toma then changed were moderate, compared to the character assasination of Moyes on Vinny. It's always the best and most viscious way to hurt someone by leaving things in the air, dark suggestions and innuendo.

Moyes has clearly learnt well from his master at Old Trafford.

Time to put the second raters to bed now until our visit to ramshackle Goodison.

I have considered trying to contribute a blog to bluemoon but have never figured out how to do this.

I have since (well, as of today) started my own city blog page.

If anyone is interested, and not to steal away from bluemoon's blog section, you can find it at...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.kippaxkid.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.kippaxkid.wordpress.com</a>

I have literally just made the site, so the lay-out, interior and graphics need some work. My first couple of blogs are quite long as well, just to warn you. Anyways, they are there if anyone fancies a read.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.