new business start up..?

bluezi

Well ive been thinking of setting up in business as a spray paint shop in Manchester.
The thing is, i know little to nowt on how to do this, i am able to learn how to spray paint but what i would appreciate would be the pricesless infomation on the set up, any info on costs and where to look for equipment, would be really appreciated. As i have been out of work for over 7months, and i really need to get something sorted.
ive look at premises and the net/ e-bay.
would like your advice.
Cheers.
Dean

Is there a market for it?

You'll need premises. Impey usually have a lot of that sort of premises going, or look out around town for something decent, the location will have to be vital.

You'll need public liability insurance, if you turn over more than £60k a year you'll have to be VAT registered, might be worth registering your company with Companies House as well, make it a Limited company if you're going VAT registered.

Get a business account as well, they're all pretty much the same, just get a branch near your premises, makes things easier if you're bank's easy to get to, that could be the only deciding factor in chosing your bank.

If you want leaflets or business cards printing, printing.com are good for that.

And get a good website with decent keywords etc. After 2 weeks of me changing business name, the new website was 3rd on Google for 'Gardeners in Manchester', just by making sure I followed Googles rules on improving search engine results.

Partner up with garages, they can send business your way, or similar businesses. Even today a window cleaner asked me for a card because one of his customers wanted thir garden sorting.

Thanks this is the sort of confidence boost a person needs when they have been out of work.
and starting a business in a field thats a little alien to them.
cheers

yeh, i've already pm'd him. :)

IMO there's two ways to cushion the blow of unnecessary premises, in the beginning. Can you do it from your own personal premises? Do you know someone who will let you use theirs? And, is it feasible to be mobile and do it at the car owners premises?

If there's any way any of these questions can be met, it'll save a lot of money on overheads in the beginning, enabling you to save up, from the profits (adding to whatever loan you may get) to then buy/ rent the necessary premises you will need in the future.

Just my advice/ opinion.

Good idea Bigga, but if you use your home for work or commercial presmises, it can void your house insurance.

(this being one of the problems I'm encountering because of the b@stards who run the tips, ripping us off and introducing a £35 minimum charge for, I kid you not, "health and safety reasons". Their answer was to turn my home into a commercial presmises and get a commercial bin put on my drive, which I said would invalidate my house insurance, to which they have replied)

scall1 said:
Good idea Bigga, but if you use your home for work or commercial presmises, it can void your house insurance.

(this being one of the problems I'm encountering because of the b@stards who run the tips, ripping us off and introducing a £35 minimum charge for, I kid you not, "health and safety reasons". Their answer was to turn my home into a commercial presmises and get a commercial bin put on my drive, which I said would invalidate my house insurance, to which they have replied)

Isn't that depending on where the work would located? Would it be the same if it was in a garage or back yard, for example?

And how else do people manage to work from home, when there may be expensive equipment issues to negate the house insurance situation?

Cheers
I thought it over about starting from home, then i've seen some good sites with great terms atm, 1st 6months free or half costs etc so it may just be as good as from home if not better , i would also like the gaff to look the part, and be able to offer to do any work, seeing as i'm on the right side of 50 this could be it.
The contract will need to be looked at too.
will bob down to the Town Hall to-day for help and advice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.