New car

M9 Blue

For the last twenty years or so i,ve been driving works vans,now for reasons i wont bore you with that's no longer an option.I'm now looking to buy a new small car for around 9k-10k,however not having dealt with the beast that is the car salesman this is where i need your help(please).
1.What can i realistically expect to be chucked into the deal when i offer cash?
2.Is the "on the road" price really OTR or when the paperwork comes out do they hit you with admin this admin that etc.
3.Anything else i need to be wary of?
4.Would love to hear your stories of dealing with car salesmen good and bad.
cheers!

Assuming you mean buying from a stealership -

1.What can i realistically expect to be chucked into the deal when i offer cash?

Nothing, they want you to take out finance cash does them no favours.

The job is on its arse at the moment so you have the upper hand, if you don't like the deal tell them you are off to speak to a rival dealership.

They are all robbing bastards, if the general public had access to the Glass's guide (motor trade bible) they would be shocked at the amount of money these shits are making out of the general public, luckily i do have access as i am in the motor trade.

My advice, don't buy a new car, buy a used (1 year old) low milage, around 10,000 miles and that will save you about a third of the cost of a brand newy

Take for example this Astra. 1 Year od. 11,000 miles. £11,799

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fow.co.uk/vehicle_details.asp?id=97406" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fow.co.uk/vehicle_details.asp?id=97406</a>

This car at full retail is £19,000. Obviously there is a discount to be had, possibly 20% ish, but that still makes the car more than £15k

Max_Headroom said:
Assuming you mean buying from a stealership -

Nothing, they want you to take out finance cash does them no favours.

The job is on its arse at the moment so you have the upper hand, if you don't like the deal tell them you are off to speak to a rival dealership.

They are all robbing bastards, if the general public had access to the Glass's guide (motor trade bible) they would be shocked at the amount of money these shits are making out of the general public, luckily i do have access as i am in the motor trade.
As a former car salesman, you would be surprised just how little most dealerships make upfront on sales (especially on new cars). I worked as a new car sales and our profit targets were only £200 per unit, due to us sellling at low cost prices to get the deals and hoping to hit volume bonus from the manufacturer. Now when you come to used cars this is where up front profit is made usuallly minimum of £500 to £4000 i seen in one case.

Car sales has a horrible stereotype which is often true, I have worked in 4 different dealerships and only one of them were not bent as fook, this being due to it being a manufacturer owned dealership.

I would actually recommend the car people as they are not half bad prices alot of the time and if, like me, you cannot abide the enigma that is the tosser of the arrogant car sales man its like heaven.

I never buy new cars. The going price is always inflated and i'd feel sick driving off the lot knowing the value has instantly dropped a couple thousands.

Thanks for the replies. Today we test drove the Toyota aygo and Suzuki swift,both cracking little cars for around 9k.Anyone got/had one of these?
Some tough days thinking ahead to choose between these two.All comments appreciated.

far more car for your money here

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/new-car-deals/vauxhall/3783/vauxhall-astra-sri-1-6i-vvt-sport-hatch-3dr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/new-car- ... -hatch-3dr</a>

If you are set on buying a brand new car, always buy towards the end of the month, i.e. 26th onwards as they always have manufacturer sales targets to meet and better discounts can be had.

Also, as others have said, I would personally go for a 6 month to one year old car, many car supermarkets offer absolutely fantastic deals on them.

M9 Blue said:
For the last twenty years or so i,ve been driving works vans,now for reasons i wont bore you with that's no longer an option.I'm now looking to buy a new small car for around 9k-10k,however not having dealt with the beast that is the car salesman this is where i need your help(please).
2.Is the "on the road" price really OTR or when the paperwork comes out do they hit you with admin this admin that etc.
cheers!
you got caught dogging in the works van with the bosses missus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.