New Champions League format

There’s no country protection in the knockout rounds. It is 100% on your seeding gained from the group stage.

As soon as the play off round is complete, you will be able to track exactly who you can play in each knockout round, all the way to the final.

They have said they’ll try and keep teams from the same country apart in the group games. But it may not be possible for countries with five teams.
Any links to this? I can’t see it anywhere, not even on the UEFA official site. Are you saying the team at the top of the league of 36 plays the lowest ranking side from the knockouts of teams 9 to 24? I’ve read 9-16 play teams 17-24, what if 24 ranked team beat 9 ranked team? Does that ensure they play the top of the League of 36 whereas if the team ranked 9th won they would play the round of 16 against the 8 ranked team? Confused.com

Any links to this? I can’t see it anywhere, not even on the UEFA official site. Are you saying the team at the top of the league of 36 plays the lowest ranking side from the knockouts of teams 9 to 24? I’ve read 9-16 play teams 17-24, what if 24 ranked team beat 9 ranked team? Does that ensure they play the top of the League of 36 whereas if the team ranked 9th won they would play the round of 16 against the 8 ranked team? Confused.com

FF to 3:30.

Wonder when they'll start the draw for this?

There'll be thousands of pots of balls to set up.

Oh for the days of a straight knockout champions only Compy..... sadly £ong gon£.

I usually study this sort of thing quite closely but because it’s UEFA I sort of can’t be arsed. Can anyone summarise how many “group” games we’ll have to play at home before it gets remotely interesting? Because currently 3 is too many for me.
If you're only interested in the knock-out games then we play four home matches before that stage.

Oh for the days of a straight knockout champions only Compy..... sadly £ong gon£.
Eh?

As for the straight knock-out idea: How on Earth can you have a tournament not rigged (sorry structured) to appease the old G14 cartel?

Eh?

As for the straight knock-out idea: How on Earth can you have a tournament not rigged (sorry structured) to appease the old G14 cartel?
There's pots and pots of balls that take forever to draw in the current group stages.

With this new one as well as groups, TV day teams, who can play who so everyone has roughly the same variance of hard/easy games but not 'them' now as X has been drawn to play Y so A can't play B or C unless it's on a Saints day. ;)

Maybe thousands of pots is a little over the top but I claim artistic licence.

There's pots and pots of balls that take forever to draw in the current group stages.

With this new one as well as groups, TV day teams, who can play who so everyone has roughly the same variance of hard/easy games but not 'them' now as X has been drawn to play Y so A can't play B or C unless it's on a Saints day. ;)

Maybe thousands of pots is a little over the top but I claim artistic licence.
There are still four pots but with nine teams instead of eight so it won't be much worse.
Will there still be TV day teams though? I've not checked the final set of rules but this wasn't mentioned in any of the earlier versions. Perhaps we'll have an open draw with the broadcasters picking over the bones once the fixtures are known.

The only important balls will be the warm balls.

The chumps league wont mean anything of note to me until it's just the champions of each international league playing each other.

Anything to do with uefa will be.bent as fuck to protect the so called history teams.
Bit like the Premier league.
Price normal fans out and you've cracked it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.