New CL Format - Thoughts after 1 game

Aye the same Premier league that wants to destroy us .
There's a saying 2 cheeks of the same .. ..
Bit like saying I hate Lions cos they kill other animals but I love Tigers.
I want to win both , both the same to me
Each to their own mate .. They both want to destroy us, I just want to win the hardest league in the world .. Them trying to destroy us makes winning it all the sweeter ..

Simon Stone seems to think we are done for…. I can’t find United or Barnsley in the table.

Money aside.....

Can some one justify the changes please ?

Was the old format so broken ?

Does the new format enhance the competition or dilute it ?

One decision for City.....

Never use the Oasis kit again for a primary match.

NEVER NEVER NEVER !!

Simon Stone seems to think we are done for…. I can’t find United or Barnsley in the table.

He was fucking loving it on Wednesday with us down the table. It's the first fucking game. Any change that enables the media to wet themselves like this is a bad change.

Money aside.....

NEVER NEVER NEVER !!

You can't put money aside, that's the whole reason it's changed. More games, more money. It's an attempt to satisfy the demands of the super league clubs by giving them more money in the first stage of the tournament. City charged a lot more for Inter than they'd have done with the previous group system, and they get an extra home game to make revenue from.

The kit - ridiculous. Don't mind them doing a kit like that, but don't fucking wear it!

Money aside.....

NEVER NEVER NEVER !!
UEFA justify the change as it will bring in an additional one billion. Can't remember if that's Pounds or Euro but either way it's a fair bucket of cash. - That was the estimate when the changes were announced a couple of years ago.
And there will be more high-profile games in the early stage with teams in pot one playing two others from that pot. That might not seem too important to some but many fans claimed the group stage was boring so how else can it be livened up?
I think most discussion is irrelevant until we see how things pan out after at least six games, and even then I think most comments from fans will be based on how high their teams finished rather than the merits (or lack of them) in the new format.
The main negative for me is the additional two games faced by the players.
Another question is what else could UEFA have done? A return to champions only and a straight knockout is never going to happen so don't bother suggesting it.

It’s all about the income, IMHO. As said already, if it brings in more money then UEFA won’t have any concerns whatsoever.

My thoughts are that it is easy to get through, many chances for the bigger clubs to get through even if they go through a bad patch of the season.

Towards the end we will get to see the full league standing and that could be the forerunner to a euro league conversation.
I think that conversation started long ago. This is the European super league through the back door. The stand off will be when our domestic cup competitions are phased out because the greedy money grabbing twats at UEFA will keep adding extra teams each season this leaving no spare midweek availability assisted by international breaks. The end is nigh and so are the PL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.