New Dr Who

Classic doctor who season 15 blu ray available for pre order from hmv , Amazon etc

The Christmas episode suggests that there is a (Disney-driven?) move away from straight-out science fiction - it felt a bit like an episode of Grimm for much of it, with a start which was Wallace and Gromit given the glove gadgets and the screwdriver ("only for screws" he says before using it on something that's not a screw?!).

The main two worked well and seem quite likeable - whether the Doctor continues to be an action Doctor will be interesting to see.
I just hope the Flood thing doesn't turn out to be a damp squib. Talking directly through the fourth wall is a curious move.

Only Doctor Who in name for the BBC.

Disney giving yanks first go at a decent time.

Midnight on iPlayer for us on 11th May. Followed by broadcast on BBC one.

Trailer makes this series look like it's gone from Sci Fi to full on fantasy.

2 eps for uk at midnight which means 2am finish or you can wait to the evening by which time the yanks would of had it for 17 hours or so , considering were the ones paying the license fee it seems like the americas and rest of world get First dibs .
and then you think will the Christmas special be a midnight release too ?

2 eps for uk at midnight which means 2am finish or you can wait to the evening by which time the yanks would of had it for 17 hours or so , considering were the ones paying the license fee it seems like the americas and rest of world get First dibs .
can watch them 9am if you wanted or whenever as once on iplayer and disney+ will be available any time

It's joint funded. The finances haven't been released but Disney could be paying the bulk of the production costs tbh. So licence fee isn't as important in this instance.

can watch them 9am if you wanted or whenever as once on iplayer and disney+ will be available any time
yeah I understand that but even with the special anniversary just gone bbc aired it 630 pm here and Disney got after , that worked just fine so I wonder what's changed since then ?

yeah I understand that but even with the special anniversary just gone bbc aired it 630 pm here and Disney got after , that worked just fine so I wonder what's changed since then ?
I can only come to the conclusion that the BBC owns the name only.

They subcontracted it to bad wolf studios who in turn flogged it to Disney.

I expect the new series to be more fantasy than sci-fi and possibly the direction it may stay.

I'm hoping this season's arc is that Ruby is an anomaly from the doctor pissing about with superstition at the end of the universe. Eventually he sorts it out. The Bi-generation malarky fucks tennant off and Gatwa's second season is his swansong before Disney cast Ryan Gosling or some other yank in the role to complete the takeover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.