New England kit for Euro '24

I don't usually care too much about the national side (I used to, but years of favouritism of certain clubs and players, capped by the prospect of John Terry lifting a cup in our nation's name, did me in), but I do like to get involved when it comes to tournaments and would love my two daughters to show an interest too, although they're far too busy with gymnastics and Taylor Swift.

If they came to me and asked me for a England shirt, if the kids price was reasonable, I'd consider it. It's a special occasion, something that brings people together and gives you something to get invested in. Even Liverpool drops the 'scouse not english' mentally, for a couple of weeks at least, if England make it to the quart finals. With the crap we've had to put up with recently from politicians, cost cutting and general crappy national feeling, a celebration we can all get behind would be welcome.

Firstly, at that price for the shirt no chance. Do one. Sling your hook. Paint it multicoloured, keep it plain, not getting my money.

Second, changing THE symbol of national hope and pride leading up to an event that usually unites us and boosts the economy a bit, is incredibly stupid of the FA to agree to. No wonder they need an independent regulator, I'm surprised they can wipe their own backsides in that organisation.

As I say, I wouldn't buy the shirt at that price no matter what it looked like, but if you or I were caught defacing the flag of St George, well technically it's a criminal offence with a potential jail sentence. But dress it up a marketing and it's all good. I do think if they'd have tried this a few years back during the pandemic for euro 20/21, there would have been riots.

I am loving the kickback though. Talk of players taping over the Nike flag Ted Lasso style and fans getting out their sewing kits en masse to unpick the stitching on a brand new £125 t shirt. Anything that makes the FA uncomfortable is a giggle in my book, the face stuffing, bloated backhander-loving prats.

Either way, all it's made me do is care even a little less about the national team than I would otherwise do. Especially when I look at the news and see how Southgate has managed to fail to rouse the nation with a performance against Brazil, with a city player injured in the process.

Last edited:
I don't usually care too much about the national side (I used to, but years of favouritism of certain clubs and players, capped by the prospect of John Terry lifting a cup in our nation's name, did me in), but I do like to get involved when it comes to tournaments and would love my two daughters to show an interest too, although they're far too busy with gymnastics and Taylor Swift.

If they came to me and asked me for a England shirt, if the kids price was reasonable, I'd consider it. It's a special occasion, something that brings people together and gives you something to get invested in. Even Liverpool drops the 'scouse not english' mentally, for a couple of weeks at least, if England make it to the quart finals. With the crap we've had to put up with recently from politicians, cost cutting and general crappy national feeling, a celebration we can all get behind would be welcome.

Firstly, at that price for the shirt no chance. Do one. Sling your hook. Paint it multicoloured, keep it plain, not getting my money.

Second, changing THE symbol of national hope and pride leading up to an event that usually unites us and boosts the economy a bit, is incredibly stupid of the FA to agree to. No wonder they need an independent regulator, I'm surprised they can wipe their own backsides in that organisation.

As I say, I wouldn't buy the shirt at that price no matter what it looked like, but if you or I were caught defacing the flag of St George, well technically it's a criminal offence with a potential jail sentence. But dress it up a marketing and it's all good. I do think if they'd have tried this a few years back during the pandemic for euro 20/21, there would have been riots.

I am loving the kickback though. Talk of players taping over the Nike flag Ted Lasso style and fans getting out their sewing kits en masse to unpick the stitching on a brand new £125 t shirt. Anything that makes the FA uncomfortable is a giggle in my book, the face stuffing, bloated backhander-loving prats.

Either way, all it's made me do is care even a little less about the national team than I would otherwise do. Especially when I look at the news and see how Southgate has managed to fail to rouse the nation with a performance against Brazil, with a city player injured in the process.
Dhgate
£10

A blatant play from Nike to appeal to a certain minority of the football market, hence the marketing spin about inclusivity and yet more fuel to the fire that is culture wars.

Like it? Buy it.

Don’t like it? Easy decision.

Like many, I’m more arsed about the fucking price tbh, complete rip off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.