New flatscreen monitor

guv

Hmm, can anyone offer some advice to a well-intentioned techno-ignoramus? Well, I've been getting by with analogue ones for years and have got used to them, but now I've got around to getting a new one I'm not sure how to set up the display for the best. It seems to make sense to have it nice and bright so that I can enjoy the higher definition, but I don't want to burnn out my retinas by accident! Also, despite fiddling with the brightness and contrast the darker ares in a film can look too dark and it makes it less enjoyable to watch films.

Any good general tips?

shadygiz said:
use the auto setting woth the on screen menu mate

Thanks, shadygiz. I've tried that and it's not ideal. But I think my "problem" might just be first day nerves because I wasn't used to it.

Does it have the option to have several presets? You can then set it up so it's right for you while doing different things, then swap between them at will.

your eyes have to adjust to the new screen lol, wen i changed to a flat screen it looked proper shit but now i just think its good. sorry but that was terrible advice

brady0 said:
your eyes have to adjust to the new screen lol, wen i changed to a flat screen it looked proper shit but now i just think its good. sorry but that was terrible advice

Good advice, I think - cheers!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.