New Germany Supporters' Club

Will be staying near Spittelmarkt, 31st Dec -3rd Jan. Will join you if City are playing. Good luck with growing the Branch.

Hey up. I’m thinking ahead to the derby and wondering if there’s a bar in Berlin you regularly watch at? Would be nice to be with some fellow blues @berlinblue
Would be great if you can join us! We are normally at Belushi's Mitte - Not every game but we'll be there for the Derby tomorrow.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/qmpMxdzKpnkGpCZu8 (Ziegelstraße - not the other branch, which is in Alexanderplatz.)

Only just got round to watching this & a top video to share. Aside from the Hertha Berlin & Union Berlin 'rivalry' there was a short, but comprehensive summary of both Berlin & Germany's notorious history.

In my opinion seems like the infamous wall inadvertently ended up serving as some sort of social experiment. i.e. the government decides to build a divide between a population of people largely from the same background, race & religion. Some 28yrs later the wall comes down with the same people now distrusting & anxious of each other which according to this football video still exists to some extent today. Of course all these preconceptions were heightened by the government propaganda set at the time.

Didn't fully appreciate the city as much as I should have went I visited a number of yrs ago mainly down to it being a stag-do trip. Quite surprisingly the raw history is still very much present within the city, with old watch towers & crumbling sections of the wall dotted around.

Also fully agree with the contributors of the video, Berliners know how to party. Us lot were leaving the bars & clubs at around 3am & all the locals were just about to stream in!
Glad you enjoyed the video Hammersmithlad ! I was lucky enough to spend 6 months working in the city back in 94 and loved the place . Great city to visit . Especially for a WW2 history buff like me . As you observed , one of things we did notice while there was no one goes out till 3am !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.