New kits (and the City film)

Ric

Administrator
You'll have to bear (bare?!) with me as I'm half cut but I was lucky enough to see the official unveiling of the new kits today, along with some sneak previews from the new film.

First things first, as I'm sure that's what you care about more, the kits.

The new home shirt is very similar to last season's. The main difference is the collar, not exactly V-neck but not the round neck of last season either. There are very faint pin stripes on there, and the white stripe is no longer round the neck but the sleeves now.

Another distinguishable touch is the maroon/blue/white on the inside of the shirt collar. Apparently the way it's tailored is to give more empahasis to the biceps than the stomach, which may suit the fatties amongst us ;)

The shorts are all white, with the Umbro sign and City crest all in white, so you can hardly see it in the fabric. Best of all, the socks have a maroon stripe, proper old school City (circa 1974). All in all, last season's kit was a belter so it was hard to surpass. They have stayed true to that, and it's still a great kit.

We were strictly forbidden from taking photos, so I can't really display what I say, hopefully you appreciate that.

The away kit was, for me at least, an improvement on last season's all black affair. This year it is navy blue all the way. And it looks good. Really good. A deep navy blue, with the collar and sponsor in sky blue (so we always know our sky blue roots, according to the Umbro woman).

The only downside I had was the away socks, which are navy blue with loads of sky blue hoops. They gave a scientifiic reason (apparently our players could make them out more easily) but it rang a bit hollow. If that was the case, why not do it with the home socks too? The away socks are a bit shit, but that's just my opinion.

Overall though, the new kits are mint, and I imagine most will be happy. Some may complain that they're not that disimilar to last season but I think that was a conscious decision. And the new training tops are mint.

On a separate issue, we got to see the new trailer for the film, and a few clips from it. I had a few reservations before the film, thinking it may be shite. Very easy to get this type of thing wrong.

So I was elated to see the trailers. Really well done, and really tastefully done too. An absolute must see for all Blues, it looks great. I could eulogise to my heart's content, it ain't Bowling for Columbine, but it's a top documentary, and about our club. You'd be daft not to go and see it.

At the launch tonight we had Badly Drawn Boy, Mark E Smith and Kid British. Not necessairly A-list but at least a knowing nod to City. A good night all in all.

Apparently the kits won't be released to the public til next week so any questions welcomed.

Good job Ric .... thanks for letting us know ..... finally the Maroon Brigade will give it a rest knowing the away kit is offically NOT maroon ;)

ps..... didnt get a sneak photo of them then? ;) lol

Did you get to sample the Pasties we are getting for next seaon?

Or way that a false promise? is our dreams of the half time pastie going to be shattered?

:)

ReVoRolla said:
Good job Ric .... thanks for letting us know ..... finally the Maroon Brigade will give it a rest knowing the away kit is offically NOT maroon ;)

Sadly, they confiiscated my hidden camera in my jacket button hole.

Ric said:
ReVoRolla said:

Jesus....!! Have you NO crayons to mock the away top up!!!!!!!!

Ric said:
ReVoRolla said:

thats why you have a backup ready .... stick a camera up your bum, bend over and fart to take a pic ... they wouldn't think of looking there lol

There's already pictures of the home kit, but thanks for the other info mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.