New Music - 2024

Coatigan

Team supported
Manchester City
In the absence of Psychedelic Casual, I'll start this to keep the trend going. Hopefully see a return at some point.

The one thing I'd ask, is when putting youtube links to try include the artist name as text. Makes it both legible and searchable later on, rather than being lost in pages of nameless screen previews.

I will try focus more on albums than individual songs, but by all means new songs as worthy are welcome just as before.

To kick off, two January release albums I think are decent.

Marika Hackman - Big Sigh

Sprints - Letter to Self

In the absence of Psychedelic Casual, I'll start this to keep the trend going. Hopefully see a return at some point.

The one thing I'd ask, is when putting youtube links to try include the artist name as text. Makes it both legible and searchable later on, rather than being lost in pages of nameless screen previews.

I will try focus more on albums than individual songs, but by all means new songs as worthy are welcome just as before.

To kick off, two January release albums I think are decent.

Marika Hackman - Big Sigh

Sprints - Letter to Self
Letter to self is really good. Don't think there's a duff track on there.

Letter to self is really good. Don't think there's a duff track on there.

The songs Shaking Their Hands, and Heavy are excellent. Have a go at the Marika album above too.

Been a good month for female led bands, with Hunny Buzz and Swim School both releasing new material too.

And of course Idles have a new single out, but as I said before, I am refusing to listen to any of it at all till the full album is out. Only 3 weeks to go now.

The songs Shaking Their Hands, and Heavy are excellent. Have a go at the Marika album above too.

Been a good month for female led bands, with Hunny Buzz and Swim School both releasing new material too.

And of course Idles have a new single out, but as I said before, I am refusing to listen to any of it at all till the full album is out. Only 3 weeks to go now.
I've already had a listen to the Marika album, an artist I'm not familiar with tbh. First listen and whilst pleasant enough, didn't grab me so I went back to my audiobook. Could be a slow burner though, so it will deffo get another airing.
Cheers

I've already had a listen to the Marika album, an artist I'm not familiar with tbh. First listen and whilst pleasant enough, didn't grab me so I went back to my audiobook. Could be a slow burner though, so it will deffo get another airing.
Cheers

The Sprints song Cathedral, can't put my finger on whether it sounds more like Idles' Mother or their 1049 Gotho song..

The Sprints song Cathedral, can't put my finger on whether it sounds more like Idles' Mother or their 1049 Gotho song..
2 great songs, I can forgive a bit of plagiarism here and there, especially as her voice comes over really well on this album, and makes it such a good listen.
It's great to hear a distinctive female lead with male backing vocals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.