New pvr

lazerblue

Looking to buy a new pvr, would like one that records more than two channels while watching another with plenty of storage.
Any recommendations?

Looking to buy a new pvr, would like one that records more than two channels while watching another with plenty of storage.
Any recommendations?
Depends on your source - terrestrial, satellite or cable, I guess.

Humax do some decent equipment, apparently, but the last Freesat box I bought off them died after less than 2 years. At £200 that was effectively over £8.33 a month. Replaced it with an EE Freeview recorder box which is £8 a month rental and can record 4 channels at the same time on a 1TB drive, but this seems to be stopping in 2021 and new customers can't get it, which is a pity because I'd prefer to rent rather than buy and this was a great box for next to nothing - the only app missing was BT Sport. Don't know if any other providers offer a better rental scheme unless you go satellite or cable. BT Youview boxes (made by Humax I understand) don't have wifi and the twin tuners let you record 2 things but you might not be able to watch a third at the same time. I'm going to stick my neck out and say BT and EE (who they own) will be releasing updated boxes next year to compete with Sky Q, so expect a box with a lot more capability.

ive got a humax now and its annoying when im watching something and the tv changes channels because her indoors a has set it to record 2 programmes at the same time

ive got a humax now and its annoying when im watching something and the tv changes channels because her indoors a has set it to record 2 programmes at the same time
I know what you mean, especially when someone has a Love Island series link! The Virgin Tivo box can search for alternative showings and automatically switch the recording, but I don't know what other offerings are around that can do this. Probably Sky Q I would guess but then that has loads of tuners so probably not needed.

If Freeview, then the HUMAX FVP-5000T (£229 1TB, £269 2TB) gives ability to record 4 things at once and watch a fifth, they used to have a media player that went with it to enable streaming to another room but can't see prices for it anywhere. Amazon has some used ones at about £80.

Humax Direct sell refurbs as well, but's that where I got mine from and it didn't last long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.