New reserve keeper

I think this is going to be a very difficult position to fill. Apart from the skills required any keeper coming in will know it's highly unlikely they will challenge Ederson for the No 1. So we want a good keeper, good with their feet, reads the game happy to sit on the bench and play domestic cups. Good enough in the event of an Ederson injury of being No 1.
I also don't expect it to be anyone aged between 23 and 31 if they have any ambitions to be a top keeper themselves.

I don't know if he'd come to be second choice, unless he felt he'd have a shot at competing to be #1 but maybe Timo Horne from Köln?

He's good sized, 6'4" and talented with the ball at his feet. He's "young" at 24. Köln is kind of a Bundesliga yo-yo team. Maybe he'd fancy coming to one of the best teams in the world?

Bravo's passing, reading of the game and composure seems below Ederson's ATM, (and not very different from Hart's IMO).

A player's form generally varies with game time, trust and general confidence.

Bravo has certainly got better as he played more and was shown to be trusted by players and coaching staff.

Personally I believe Hart has a lot of natural talent but has lost his self confidence and form, not sure if that can be regained but there's still tremendous affection for Joe from many City fans.

I think both Gunn and Muric need game time to develop at this stage in their career and neither are likely to find it on our bench.
Gunn??

Most City fans would probably be happy to see Joe Hart come back, he's only 32! Club trained /Homegrown etc. However squad harmony is vital and if there are personality conflicts/hostility that could be not possible?
If Joe came back there won't be any club conflict. Only people with percieved power can cause conflict. There was a time Joe was the undisputed #1 for Club and Country. That Joe has long dissapeared. Now he is just an aging vet who'd be a decent backup at best.
t
The ego is all gone. Folks tend to lose their ego once it dawns on them that they aren't important anymore. It's just human nature.

All that said, unfortunately even as a backup Joe would be useless... As he is a terrible ball distributor. If Joe were to ever return to the club, it will be in a Front Office Role.

Better at what ? The priority for a Pep goalkeeper is being able to pass, hopefully we'll never find out if Carson can or not, but we know Joe can't.
How things have changed, the priorities of a goalie have traditionally been to stop goals!
Hart was not a bad passer, he wasn't as good as Ederson, but few goalies are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.