New season: Same standard of refs

Clubber said:
I didn't think he was too bad. Granted, Kompany was booked softly, and on that basis some spurs players should have gotten a card,

Yep.

Also, Kompany committed a foul later on in the first half which would have warranted a card, but seeing as he was so quick to give the first, he bottled sending VK off (thankfully)

SuperKevinHorlock said:
I've not seen a ref so keen to blow his final whistle.

True......had the play been at the other end of the pitch he'd have waited until the attack was over (obviously didn't want a dangerous ball going into their box for us to score in the last second - he blew whistle at 93.57secs not 94!)

The referees inconsistency is best highlighted by the fact that Huddlestone committed at least 7 fouls and no booking - none of these were in dangerous positions but merely served to disrupt Citys attacking play and passing in midfield.

Chris Foy did an outstanding job at ensuring the rags never lost momentum tonight regardless of fouls and pole axing Newcastle players.

Only at 2.0 did he start to book rags for reckless, over the top of the ball challenges.

Thought he did ok. Didn't give the penalty against Richards, thankfully, and did nothing else that really negatively affected the outcome. If we are now claiming that to be a disgraceful refereeing performance then we need to toughen up because there will be many worse this season, I assure you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.