New striker?

He’s probably not near enough the finished article for us, but there’s just something about River Plate’s Julian Alvarez that intrigues me. I know Ajax want him and apparently Villa, too, and he’s almost certainly bound for Europe soon. He’s been a winger but is starting to fill out and has the physical strength and that low centre of gravity that helps to play through the middle. Got a brace in the Superclasico yesterday and now has 7 in 11 in the league this season. Call me nostalgic but I do miss having an Argentinian in the team.

B3581C4C-3DE3-4F7F-9A26-1AE63BCC0253.gif

Like a broken clock, I guess.

I think we're in the position where we just have to go for Haaland as you simply can't pass up the opportunity to sign a generational player if we have a shot at signing him.

However, if we don't land him, i'm very much of the view that we continue with what we already have after the signing of Alvarez.

With Delap entering the fold again so soon after injury, it's clear Pep rates him, so it will be interesting to see Pep manage it if we do end up signing Haaland and Alvarez joins up with us for the second half of the 22/23 season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an outgoing forward this summer, but with Sterling's resurgence, i'm not quite sure who that would be.

Alvarez taking Jesus' spot would be the most likely move in my eyes - whilst Jesus set off this season well, he's again looking like he's stagnated (appreciate he's injured at the moment). I think a move in the summer would do him good to be honest, as much as I rate him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.