new survey - are the club prepared to listen?

bugsyblue said:
flb said:
bugsyblue said:
Ticket prices like Arsenal? Are you for real! They will never be close to Arsenal, at the mo they are about half the price.

Yes they are-but they earn twice as much as us.

The fans or the club? It doens't matter what the club or the fans earn. Our prices are very competitive and while they will rise, they won't be anywhere near Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs.

So this makes it alright to be ripped off because, well, it isn't as expensive as the other clubs.

LOL.

Football in general is overpriced. my local club (Bury) charged me £20 to go and watch Football that is professional, but no where near Premiership level...oh and sat with a leaking roof over my head haha.

As one poster above said: he hopes football will implode, and I somewhat wish for this myself. Complete financial meltdown, then we can start Fan owned clubs and fuck off the Corporate twats.

Surveys are just a way to inform us of the changes. They are statements disguised as questions.

Do you want a big cock up your ass?

No...

Well you're getting one!

JoeMercer'sWay said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Those that can will,Those that can't will not.

These are the cold hard facts of life which is shit because when it comes to City we are all in the same boat supporting wise but not financially wise.

I paid £550 for mine this season and have saved around £190 in 20p's and £1 coins twds next years.

The problem is for the fans that don't renew there will always be someone to step into their shoes. This is why stadium expansion is absolutely critical so prices can be kept at a level where fans can still afford to go.

Let's just say they bung my card up to £700 next season-that is an average of £36 per game which is still very very good value. If they add in a few cup games and CL games then I can't see many complaining because it will bring the average cost down even more.

As I said-next season will be very very interesting re season card pricing.

this is the terrible fact that supporters have been seeing higher and higher prices for so long that £36 now seems reasonable, it isn't, nothing over £25 is reasonable.

What next in 3/4 years time, £45 per match for a season ticket? £50?

fucking stop it City, you don't need our money.
I think it personal circumstances have a lot to do with where you stand on the pricing structure. Personally, £20 for adults and £5 is about reasonable. That's because of the frequency at which the games come round. Some months you could want to go to 5 home games. £100 just for adult tickets out of one month's pay is a big ask for a lot people.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
hopefully there is a mass boycott of the arsenal game

I'm sure our Southern contingent will snap up these tickets and wouldn't squirm at the prices.

The fans at tonights game against Wigan are %80 different set of lads/lasses than the fans I was sat with on Sunday. I know this because they actually sat for the fucking game, haha... Sitting down at an away game, crazy.

Why Always Ste said:
bugsyblue said:
flb said:

The fans or the club? It doens't matter what the club or the fans earn. Our prices are very competitive and while they will rise, they won't be anywhere near Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs.

So this makes it alright to be ripped off because, well, it isn't as expensive as the other clubs.

LOL.

Football in general is overpriced. my local club (Bury) charged me £20 to go and watch Football that is professional, but no where near Premiership level...oh and sat with a leaking roof over my head haha.

As one poster above said: he hopes football will implode, and I somewhat wish for this myself. Complete financial meltdown, then we can start Fan owned clubs and fuck off the Corporate twats.

Surveys are just a way to inform us of the changes. They are statements disguised as questions.

No...

Well you're getting one!

We aren't being ripped off though! That's the point. In relation to clubs in our division we are very competitive on price. If you don't like the rising cost of football in general then I understand, but that is a wider issue than city's pricing structure!

In terms of the survey, would you rather city just raised ticket prices without any form of consultation then?

And there are fan owened clubs out there. You can always support Maine Rd.

bugsyblue said:
flb said:
bugsyblue said:
Ticket prices like Arsenal? Are you for real! They will never be close to Arsenal, at the mo they are about half the price.

And they never fucking should be! they're expensive as it is and while we keep comparing how cheap we are to Arsenal the more expensive they become the more expensive we become.

bugsyblue said:
Why Always Ste said:
bugsyblue said:

LOL.

No...

Well you're getting one!

We aren't being ripped off though! That's the point. In relation to clubs in our division we are very competitive on price. If you don't like the rising cost of football in general then I understand, but that is a wider issue than city's pricing structure!

In terms of the survey, would you rather city just raised ticket prices without any form of consultation then?

And there are fan owened clubs out there. You can always support Maine Rd.

You know what...Not a bad suggestion, One I'll probably take up once I can no longer afford to go and give up my seat to the Yuppie **** who loves his Horse racing and hates football, but decides he now wants in.

Why Always Ste said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

I'm sure our Southern contingent will snap up these tickets and wouldn't squirm at the prices.

The fans at tonights game against Wigan are %80 different set of lads/lasses than the fans I was sat with on Sunday. I know this because they actually sat for the fucking game, haha... Sitting down at an away game, crazy.

I tried to sit at the Chelsea game. I was on the front row, I deliberately ask the club when I buy my away ticket (enough points to buy on the first day of sale) for the front row so that I can sit and therefore will not inconvenience other people. But on Saturday even though it was obvious that I couldn't stand for the whole match the selfish people next to me, who had brought two extra people thereby overcrowding the row anyway, deliberately stood right up to the fence meaning that I had to stand as I could not see at all. Please try and remember that there are people who have a GENUINE reason for sitting. I know this is an internet forum but there are other points of view and tarring everyone with the same brush is not fair!!

Eccles Blue said:
Why Always Ste said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

I tried to sit at the Chelsea game. I was on the front row, I deliberately ask the club when I buy my away ticket (enough points to buy on the first day of sale) for the front row so that I can sit and therefore will not inconvenience other people. But on Saturday even though it was obvious that I couldn't stand for the whole match the selfish people next to me, who had brought two extra people thereby overcrowding the row anyway, deliberately stood right up to the fence meaning that I had to stand as I could not see at all. Please try and remember that there are people who have a GENUINE reason for sitting. I know this is an internet forum but there are other points of view and tarring everyone with the same brush is not fair!!

Whoa fella, chill out. I've been to matches with people who need Wheelchairs, I've organised tickets/travel and arrangements for these people as well.

When I made this post I think it's more than clear who/what I'm referring to as the majority of people can stand for at least the full game.
There will be people tonight at Wigan who cannot stand for whatever reason.
However the majority of people will be stood, vast majority.

on Sunday, particularly in the upper tier most people sat down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.