New Ticket Points System idea

Something has gone seriously wrong with this points system.

I’ve had my season ticket since before the points were introduced, have been a Platinum member since they were first introduced, belong to all the Cup schemes, went to the majority of away games in the days when points were awarded and was initially offered a Superbia membership all those years ago.

Yet, I’ve missed out on a ticket for the United game. I see the Sales Criteria started at 28,000 points. How on earth do people get to have 5,000 points more than me? I couldn’t have got more points than the maximum given for these past 20 or so years. Is there more points given for the posh seats or some other unknown allocation of points..

I easily qualified for a ticket for Utd a couple of years ago, but not now..

So as far as I’m concerned, the whole Platinum rip off is already suspect to money for nothing.

The points system does require an overhaul.

I would like to see points given on a continuous cycle over a 5 year period.

Start with 1 point for every 50 points each person has, to at least reward the high tickets and Platinum members, but then give 10 points for each further attendance at home (all matches, not just the Premier league). Surely, easily workable with the latest card system. No points if the ticket is sold on ticket exchange.

This would ensure the supporter who attends current matches is rewarded over a continuous 5 year period and does give a slight advantage initially to long term season ticket holders, but only then if they keep attending.
At least you have been to OT recently, I can’t and nor can my boys cos we can’t get tickets. Before you ask, I’ve been watching City since 1974 and had a season ticket since then just missing for 6 seasons over that period due to hard times!
My only chance to watch us away is to pay inflated tout prices.

At least you have been to OT recently, I can’t and nor can my boys cos we can’t get tickets. Before you ask, I’ve been watching City since 1974 and had a season ticket since then just missing for 6 seasons over that period due to hard times!
My only chance to watch us away is to pay inflated tout prices.
That is why the points system is in need of an overhaul. There needs to be a reward for large point totals and length of support, I understand that and don't want to see this go completely. But I feel the points allocation ongoing need to be heavily weighted in favour of current attendance.
It seems though that tickets to the points allocation is getting smaller and smaller each season,so I hope this can be reassessed too.
As I say, I easily qualified for Utd tickets two seasons ago, but not now and don't understand why.

That is why the points system is in need of an overhaul. There needs to be a reward for large point totals and length of support, I understand that and don't want to see this go completely. But I feel the points allocation ongoing need to be heavily weighted in favour of current attendance.
It seems though that tickets to the points allocation is getting smaller and smaller each season,so I hope this can be reassessed too.
As I say, I easily qualified for Utd tickets two seasons ago, but not now and don't understand why.
I hear the same again and again, I'm in a similar boat although I missed out on about 1.5 years of away points in the mid 2010s due to being out of the country. I too was offered a superbia membership. Whilst I get why I don't have 28K points, I can't be in a position where I'm getting OT away for several years and then be dropped off so quickly, that's only possible if the allocation changes.

Scan on exit 5 mins after final whistle to get another point, awarding those that stay to the end

How long will the queues be?!
Been thinking that this is feesible after all without the person having to do anything, we use our phones to enter so most use them If sensors were installed on the exits your phone could register you at that point within a certain timeframe I know there will be talk of privacy but if you don’t want to be included then it would be an option

What amount of loyalty points did United away sell out at? Thanks.

All current points converted to ‘legacy points’ at a rate of 1000 ticket points to 2 legacy points, these stay on forever. These will be rounded up.
E.g 17810 = 36 legacy points

Then a ticket point is awarded 1 per home game and added to your total. These will stay on for 5 years and then roll off. No points for away games as whoring would return.

Also if ticket is not scanned at the gate then a point is not awarded. England do this with their 'caps' so I don't see why City couldn't. This would improve home attendance and atmosphere.

This system rewards loyalty and also gives people the chance to catch up.
th-1133130496.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.