New York advice

NY is like any city, you can get fleeced or you can find great places that are reasonable. Little Italy should be a must. China town also. I offset the cost of more expensive places, by rifleing coat pockets in the cloakrooms and mugging elderly tourists.

The plush hotel I stayed in, directly behind St Pat's,a allowed early morning raids on collection boxes. I actually came home with more money than I went with, two great cameras and a brilliant coat.

Too expensive my arse. Get creative.

Make sure you let them know you were one of the thousands at Old York when we were shit and if you say it in a Bond like voice it should get you some big discounts

Katz Deli pastrami sandwich, ask them for a double stack (wasn't on the menu, heard the bloke in front ask for it and said I'll have one of them please). Trip to NY completed.

NY is like any city, you can get fleeced or you can find great places that are reasonable. Little Italy should be a must. China town also. I offset the cost of more expensive places, by rifleing coat pockets in the cloakrooms and mugging elderly tourists.

The plush hotel I stayed in, directly behind St Pat's,a allowed early morning raids on collection boxes. I actually came home with more money than I went with, two great cameras and a brilliant coat.

Too expensive my arse. Get creative.
You’re not fooling anyone with this other account, Worsley.

What’s the damage for a pint over there? I’d say Denmark and Sweden have been the most expensive so far. Paris was dear too.

I’d like to take in an MLS match over there too. Not necessarily NYCFC either.

What’s the damage for a pint over there? I’d say Denmark and Sweden have been the most expensive so far. Paris was dear too.

I’d like to take in an MLS match over there too. Not necessarily NYCFC either.
Depends on what you get — the range for a pint is generallly $6-$9 (currently ~£4.5-£7).

And if you are in the city, NYCFC is your best option for a MLS match on travel and general expense, as RBNY’s stadium is over in New Jersey. Expect the beer to be much more expensive at the match, of course.

Agree about Denmark and Sweden being expensive. Was recently in KBH and Malmo and there aren’t many inexpensive pints to be had. Only had a few higher priced elsewhere, including Geneva and Zurich.

If you're going to the 9/11 memorial and museum (must go) then don't que up to buy tickets which is a long que. There is a machine around the corner from the que that no one uses where you can get your tickets via card then skip the que. It's baffling how they don't let people know this.

I wouldn't recommend the bus tour, its a busy city and a lot of it is sat in traffic listening to Frank Sinatra and Jay Z.

The Staten Island ferry is a must as well, it's free and the views are incredible, try and work out what boat you will travel on as one was called the Molinari which has outside decks and the other didn't so you have to view from the inside. It's an hour round journey.

You'll love it, it' a great city even if it is full of rude arrogant people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.