New York City FC will have pick of MCFC youngster

can,t start a thread but look like NYFC will have David Villa Playing for them and he will be training with City
REPORT: VILLA WOULD TRAIN WITH MAN CITY AHEAD OF POTENTIAL NYCFC MOVE
Posted on May 30, 2014 by Tim Fontenault
DavidVillaAtleticoMadrid1-RealSociedad (Getty)

By TIM FONTENAULT

Atletico Madrid striker David Villa would train with Premier League champions Manchester City until February if he signs with New York City FC, according to Spanish newspaper El Pais.

Villa has been linked to NYCFC, which will begin play in Major League Soccer next season, for several days, and a move appears to be imminent. The report also adds that Villa will have time to settle his family in the U.S. before he joins NYCFC for their inaugural season.

Manchester City co-owns the expansion club with Major League Baseball’s New York Yankees, which would explain the reason for the striker training in England until MLS camps open. The deal is not yet done, however, and according to reports in Australia, Villa could still join NYCFC’s sister club, A-League side Melbourne Hearts, which is also owned by Manchester City.

If this report is true, Villa would be risking significant time off the field ahead of the move, as he would be training, but after the 2014 UEFA Champions League Final, his next club appearance would be in March, when NYCFC begins its first MLS season.

Villa scored 13 goals in 30 matches for the La Liga champions during his first season at the club after a move from FC Barcelona. He has spent his entire career in Spain, having also played for Valencia, Real Zaragoza and Sporting Gijon. The 32 year old has 223 goals in La Liga in 426 matches.

The Spanish striker is preparing for this summer’s World Cup with the reigning champions. Villa is Spain’s all-time leading scorer with 56 goals in 94 caps. The next closest active player is Fernando Torres, who is third all time with 36 goals in 106 caps.

NYCFC’s first manager, former Real Salt Lake boss Jason Kreis, has been in Manchester since last January preparing for his new role.

———-

What do you think of this report? Do you believe that Villa would be okay without playing regularly for a long period? Do you think that Villa will sign in New York?

Share your thoughts below.

This entry was posted in Major League Soccer, MLS Transfer News, MLS- New York City FC. Bookmark the permalink.

NewYorkCityWatch ‏@NYCFCWatch · 10m
Man City's Academy Player of the Year now follows @NYCFC. Thierry Ambrose(@WistouBaby) scored roughly 25 goals this season for the U18s
----------------------------------
Interesting.....

FantasyIreland said:
Man City's Academy Player of the Year now follows @NYCFC. Thierry Ambrose(@WistouBaby) scored roughly 25 goals this season for the U18s
Interesting.....
I follow City, will they sign me up?

ColinLee said:
FantasyIreland said:
Interesting.....

You're right,the similarities in circumstance are uncanny........what a wonderful comparison.

FantasyIreland said:
ColinLee said:
FantasyIreland said:
Interesting.....

You're right,the similarities in circumstance are uncanny........what a wonderful comparison.
I highly doubt that he'd be loaned to NYCFC, even though he just follow'd them.

spinzer said:
FantasyIreland said:
ColinLee said:

I highly doubt that he'd be loaned to NYCFC, even though he just follow'd them.
That's what I said, although mine was a bit more sarcastic ;)

There was a documentary that followed Jason Kreis when he was over here(still is?) and he pointed out a few players to Vieira when he was watching training and was if I remember saying he would like to take a certain player to NYCFC. Perhaps it was Ambrose?

Going for a season to NYCFC to lead the line alongside one of the best strikers in Europe over the past 5 years will do him no harm what so ever. He will learn a lot from Dzeko, Aguero and Negredo etc as well but starting alongside Villa would be very beneficial.

CTID101 said:
There was a documentary that followed Jason Kreis when he was over here(still is?) and he pointed out a few players to Vieira when he was watching training and was if I remember saying he would like to take a certain player to NYCFC. Perhaps it was Ambrose?

Going for a season to NYCFC to lead the line alongside one of the best strikers in Europe over the past 5 years will do him no harm what so ever. He will learn a lot from Dzeko, Aguero and Negredo etc as well but starting alongside Villa would be very beneficial.
I dare say he's seen Aguero in training and said he'd like to take him too but it doesn't mean much.

That said until NYCFC signed Villa up I couldn't see the point of Ambrose going there but as you say, a season alongside someone who's been one of the best for a decade now would be quite enticing for the lad.

Interesting times to be a Blue (in a good way for a change ;) )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.