New York City FC

I find the games entertaining. They aren't a great standard but play some decent stuff in patches.
Then there's the comedy side, ie the defence. Was better last night, but still let in 2.

Aren't Toronto FC a better side than who they faced last week? Considering the amount of chances they conceded last week I thought the first half showed paddy made some good changes tactically. They bossed most of that half until the last 10 mins and fell asleep on a free kick(if everyone followed their runners they would have cleared it). After that they just lost confidence but still forced them to change formation in the 2nd half... keeper should have saved that Giovinco shot too so I don't think you can level either goal at Viera individual errors rather than tactics. That Lopez guy should have stuck that header away and won it for NYC FC in fairness too. It's too early to say how Viera will fare as a manager but I have a good feeling about him, he has all the right traits for a top manager, from his demeanor to the respect he demands from even the top players.

Only reason I watched last night was to see how Paddy has influenced things, it doesn't appear he has. I know its early days, but anyone thinking he'll be replacing Pep in three years will be hoping for a significant improvement.

One poster, when he/she saw that Vieira was playing three at the back, said something along the lines of it will be a cricket score.

However, it was one less than last week, so maybe Paddy does know what he's doing.

No, it wasn't great, but that's how things are in MLS; nearly all teams are poorer defensively than they are attack-wise and no doubt Patrick will be learning a lot from each performance.

One poster, when he/she saw that Vieira was playing three at the back, said something along the lines of it will be a cricket score.

However, it was one less than last week, so maybe Paddy does know what he's doing.

No, it wasn't great, but that's how things are in MLS; nearly all teams are poorer defensively than they are attack-wise and no doubt Patrick will be learning a lot from each performance.
Also, bear in mind that Giovinco is a class player who would give Premier League defences nightmares (especially ours...). Will be very interesting to see how they do today against Orlando.

Shame I didn't think he was fit yet but is shown in the first goal scorer betting.

I was looking forward to seeing the three big 'stars' playing together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.