Newcastle (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Often, not today!

The point is a pedantic one, but you’ve jumped in at the end. I have no doubt that people see the Prem the way you say. But, the record books don’t make allowances for the quality of the teams you had to beat, only that you beat them! And, you will notice that most of these records only cover the “Top 5” Leagues in Europe just so that the likes of TNS don’t break the record every year! So, it’s already included in the record, if you want it to reflect some qualitative standard. Until this year, though, Spain, Germany and sometimes even Italy had teams getting deeper into the CL than British teams. This year’s 5 teams deep in the CL means it is indeed a feather in the cap, but the record books don’t have such asterisks, unfortunately.

Sorry mate, one or two sentences enough for me.

Again, I would be more than happy with a 1:0 win tonight.

On paper we should have more than enough tonight both in terms of players and form but you never know in this league and the Xmas fixtures always throw up a few shocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.