Status
Not open for further replies.
Champions2012! said:
[bigimg]http://s22.postimg.org/s0hajwb0v/goat.gif[/bigimg]
2a0n8yf.gif

LoveCity said:
mscenterh750 said:
MillionDollarDream said:
Not one for complacency but we have beaten Newcastle twice.... in 2 different competitions..... with 2 different teams....... home and away..... Why are we concerned again?
Because we are city fans, and it's what we do. Always the fear of clown like moments, no matter how good we are now.

And long winning streaks have a nasty way of ending when you least expect it. :)

Just think back to when we were poor and played United, Arsenal or Chelsea at home. We didn't always win but usually gave then a game. I always looked forward to those games, never thought we didn't have a chance.

No matter how poor the home team is they'll always have spells of pressure. If Newcastle can nick a goal, get the crowd behind them and then defend stoutly they've as much chance of beating us as Keegan, Pearce or Sven's teams had of beating United.

We've beat them twice this season, they looked shit in both games. Both times we went two up top so I'm expecting negredo and dzeko again. Don't really like the partnership but how can you drop them both after Wednesdays performance. I feel that a 451 with Navas instead of negredo would destroy them. But pellegrinis not daft, I think this side is about to move on to another gear, especially with aguero on the mend.

In the first game they went a man down, while the League Cup encounter was a drab affair between two indifferent sides, so it's been hard to assess them against us. They managed a victory against Chelsea by shutting the doors, enjoying a fair slice of luck, and then catching their opponents out on the break. Confidence is everything, so take our earliest chances and we should be okay.

Lucky1isme said:
Baka Sliskovic said:
alky313 said:
I have a feeling we'll play Navas. He's fully rested and will be energized.

Hm.. At the moment he will best used as a super sub. Where his quick feet can help against tired defenders in last 30 min. Because of his great speed. Anyway he is much much better super sub than Dzeko ever will be ( for more reasons ). Anyway Dzeko is in great form. So at least when Kun is not back. He should try to improve his game even more. And score some vital goals for the club. Anyway Pellegrini plays 4/4/2. I dont see a problem here. City will play 60+ games this season. Navas will have plenty of games to play or prove himself.

I am suprised how often people forget what Dzeko has done for us as the "super sub" ..gotta give credit to Dzeko sometimes as well! Honestly if beast and Dzeko can work on their partnership the two can be unstoppable. Even if MP switches them out when Aguero comes back. MP's goal is not to make do with the players he has while Aguero and Jovetic are injured, he knows he has other great players and he is training them to work better together no matter who they play with. It is common sense that Spanish speaking players would play better together than a Slavic and Spanish(due to the language), but MP is training them to work well together even without the nationality/language similarity. I think MP has proved 99% people wrong in the last game and he deserved the award...shoot even I doubted the two strikers could play together. After all we have a great team that is feared by many now, we just have to be true fans and not desert our players when they hit a bump.

I agree. I was also very suprised how Dzekredo worked together. Because beeing 2 classical number 9 strikers. But both of them seems to be good at passing on each other. And can predict as beeing striker themselves. What will other striker do. That is why they are so effective at passing to each other. Anyway my post was not against Dzeko. He was great at super sub in past. At this game ideal super sub is Navas. Also I would try Milner on DM if Yaya would not play that game. He can not be much worse than Garcia. And is for me too good player to play so little games.

We can't complain about the timing of this game, we're on a bit of a roll and they're in a bit of a slump and have injuries. It guarantees nothing but it should enable us to approach the game with some confidence

ESPN produce some very strange things:

<a class="postlink" href="http://espnfc.com/video/espnfc/video/_/id/1675689/league/latest?cc=5901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espnfc.com/video/espnfc/video/_/ ... st?cc=5901</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.