Newcastle Away Pre Match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueMoon312 said:
I'm hearing rumors of Yaya getting evaluated for the knock he picked up yesterday. Anybody hear of any updates?

Isnt he in Nigeria receiving his African Player of the Year Award? Or was that recorded? if he's flown to Nigeria it would suggest he's definitely out or doesn't need treatment.

This team will play and hopefully win.
906776_Manchester_City.jpg

I would use Navas as a super sub in last 30 min. To change one of midfielder or striker which had played worst. Also Milner of course. I would even play Milner before Navas. Because it is going to be tough/fisical away game. If Yaya would not play. I would play Milner on DM. It is a position he used to play good. And frankly speaking he can not be worse than Garcia. I think Milner deserved a lot more of game time this year. So it should be his well earned chance. To be versatile midfielder ( CM, DM, winger when needed ).

cibaman said:
BlueMoon312 said:
I'm hearing rumors of Yaya getting evaluated for the knock he picked up yesterday. Anybody hear of any updates?

Isnt he in Nigeria receiving his African Player of the Year Award? Or was that recorded? if he's flown to Nigeria it would suggest he's definitely out or doesn't need treatment.

Yea after the sub he was on his way to Nigeria to pick up the award.

alky313 said:
I have a feeling we'll play Navas. He's fully rested and will be energized.

Hm.. At the moment he will best used as a super sub. Where his quick feet can help against tired defenders in last 30 min. Because of his great speed. Anyway he is much much better super sub than Dzeko ever will be ( for more reasons ). Anyway Dzeko is in great form. So at least when Kun is not back. He should try to improve his game even more. And score some vital goals for the club. Anyway Pellegrini plays 4/4/2. I dont see a problem here. City will play 60+ games this season. Navas will have plenty of games to play or prove himself.

We play a very direct system. Unlike Mancini's teams I actually expect an early goal more so than a late goal. Navas always comes out blistering. Silva it appears to, is the odd man out. He has a tendency to drop in form during the winter months. I could see him getting rested. Nasri/Navas has been a devastating partnership in the attacking midfield.

clarion said:
alky313 said:
I have a feeling we'll play Navas. He's fully rested and will be energized.
that's right, Nasri on the bench

Hm I am not so sure about this. At the moment. Nasri gives so much much more for the team. And he is much stronger on the ball and going one on one, or in Nasris cases even one on three defenders :) than Navas. Nasri does not look tired to me at all. And Newcastle are very tough/fisical team. So this is one more reason for Nasri. Navas is not best used against fisical PL teams in away games. He is best used in home games with stretch midfield. But I would definitely use Navas in last 30 min. Where his blistering speed can do even more damage. And of course I would play him from the start in next game vs Blackburn Rovers. Where his adventages would be fully used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.