Newcastle (h) pre-match thread - 8th July, 6pm ko

Newcastle (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola on keeping the drinks breaks: "No. I think we did it for the lack of preparations for all teams - just three weeks to restart. Maybe for the weather but now maybe it is warmer but not much

Pep Guardiola on signing a centre-back: "At the end of the season. We still have incredible targets to fight for

"We played really good in terms of what we wanted to do, the commitment with the players is still after two or three successful seasons unbelievable. But we are in the point that sometimes we make a mistake that we have to avoid in some games and are punished

"In the semi-final against Arsenal and Madrid this is the reality. We can play the way we played, i don’t have doubts this is going to happen and we are consistent in both boxes, we have a big chance or opportunity to go through

"But if what happened against Southampton and other games this season like Tottenham home and away or Norwich away, where we dropped points, we will be out and Arsenal and Madrid will go through. That is the reality we have to accept.

"We need four more points [for the CL qualification]. I was worried after we beat Arsenal and Burnley how our approach would be but the effort was incredible even in the games that we lost

Pep Guardiola on Steve Bruce: "He arrived when we met in China. He landed there to see the last friendly game and there were a lot of rumours. He has done incredibly well in the PL. He has already avoided relegation, last season they struggled.

Pep Guardiola on Lionel Messi to #ManCity: "I’m not going to speak about transfers until the end of the season. My wish is that Messi is going to stay in Barcelona

Pep Guardiola on CAS' verdict: "On July 10th it's the draw and on the 13th will be the sentence. After that, i will give my opinion. We wait for the resolution from UEFA. This season is not going to change, it is so beautiful what we have in front of us

Pep Guardiola on putting pressure to host the Madrid game: "I am not strong enough to have this impact. I am not a president. I have never spoken with UEFA. I have said many times that we want to play in Manchester but we are going to accept [the decision]

Pep Guardiola on Gabriel Jesus: "What I want from Gabriel is the performance that he gave against Southampton, that was maybe one of the best performances he gave this season

Pep Guardiola on being so far behind Liverpool: "When you lose nine games you cannot win the PL right now - maybe years ago. The champions has to score above 90 points so when you lose nine games you cannot win the league.

Pep Guardiola: "I remember the game against Spurs at home, they had two shots on target and we had more than 20 and we drew. It happened in the second game in the league and the last game against Southampton was similar. I was not able to change this dynamic." #MCFC |
@ManCity
Obviously a top manager but his utterances are almost always as bland as fcuk.

Proper end of season game , would like to see Bellis , Garcia , Foden , Doyle get some minutes , i have very little interest in the remaining league games and certainly will not be paying for the pleasure of witnessing anymore empty stadiums , but would like to win the last five games to keep the momentum going for the cups. Maybe the Geordies will be on the end of a hiding after the frustration of the Saints game i think the players will be up for this.

Pep Guardiola: "The confidence in the players is no less than it was after we beat Liverpool. The control is there, the way we play is there we just need to be more consistent in front of goal – where normally we're very good – and in our own penalty area..."

"When a team wins eight titles out of the last 10 competitions they play, they're an incredible team - that's what we hope to show in the remaining games. The Liverpool game is history and the Southampton game. Newcastle is what matters." [via
@ManCity
]

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Mendy
Rodri
Gundogan
Mahrez
De Bruyne
Foden
Sterling

Bravo Otamendi Garcia Cancelo Zinchenko Bernardo Doyle Braaf Jesus

Ederson
Walker Stones Laporte Mendy
Gundogan Rodri
Mahrez De Bruyne Foden
Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.