Newcastle rearranged date?

Given our champions league involvement is it better for us to play sooner rather than later.

Beat Kiev & get favourable quarter final draw we could make the semi-final.

Maybe City want an April date when Nasri & DeBruyne are anticipated back.

I've just looked at this, and I reckon there are ony two midweeks between now and the end of the season when PL fixtures could be played, assuming they have to abide by that ridiculous UEFA requirement that no games can be scheduled on days when CL games are played. (And also taking into account that ridiculous UEFA decision to set aside Easter weekend for international friendlies, meaning no games can be played the midweek before or after).

So the available dates are: 19/20 April and 11/12 May (the midweek before the last set of fixtures). The practice is to play a rearranged game at the earliest possible date so we'll presumably go to the Geordies on Tuesday 19 or Wednesday 20 April.

No valid reason I can think of for not announcing it now. I can only assume that they're waiting to see what happens in the FA Cup next week, and then they'll announce in one go all the games that need to be arranged in the rest of the season. Why help the fans out by confirming as early as possible to help them make plans, after all? (Sarcasm).

Given our champions league involvement is it better for us to play sooner rather than later.

Beat Kiev & get favourable quarter final draw we could make the semi-final.

Maybe City want an April date when Nasri & DeBruyne are anticipated back.

You are joking, aren't?

It's nailed on that we'll draw,Barcelona, Real Madrid or FC Bayern.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.