Newcastle team selection

herrock

With just three weeks to go before the first game, and some players not returned to training yet what does everyone think the team will be?
I can't see the Argentinians or Fernandinho being up to speed by then. So my guess would be :
Hart
Clichy Kompany Nastasic Kolarov
Fernando Rodwell
Navas Nasri
Jovetic Dzeko

herrock said:
With just three weeks to go before the first game, and some players not returned to training yet what does everyone think the team will be?
I can't see the Argentinians or Fernandinho being up to speed by then. So my guess would be :
Hart
Fernando Rodwell
Navas Nasri
Jovetic Dzeko

I think Yaya and Aguero will play mate, neither featured too much in the world cup for different reasons so I cant see why they would not be ready after a few weeks rest and some pre season training, also I expect Silva to start too.

Caballero
Clichy
Rekik
Boyata
Richards
Rodwell
Fernando
Zucculini
Sinclair
Navas
Jovetic

Newcastle 1-6 City

Or not...

Hart
Sagna Kompany Mangala Kolarov

Fernando Yaya Toure

Silva Nasri
Jovetic Dzeko

SUBS: Caballero, Clichy, Nastasic, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Milner, Navas

extended rest: Aguero, Zabaleta & Demichelis
sold: Javi Garcia, Richards, Sinclair

MeatHunterrr said:
Hart
Sagna Kompany Mangala Kolarov

Fernando Yaya Toure

Silva Nasri
Jovetic Dzeko

SUBS: Caballero, Clichy, Nastasic, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Milner, Navas

extended rest: Aguero, Zabaleta & Demichelis
sold: Javi Garcia, Richards, Sinclair

I think we have a winner, possibly ferna for fernando though

Blue Til Death said:
herrock said:
Hart
Fernando Rodwell
Navas Nasri
Jovetic Dzeko

I think Yaya and Aguero will play mate, neither featured too much in the world cup for different reasons so I cant see why they would not be ready after a few weeks rest and some pre season training, also I expect Silva to start too.

I had disowned Yaya! Of course he will play instead of Rodwell, don't think Aguero will start though.

Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Demicheles
Kolarov
Fernando
Toure
Nasri
Silva
Jovetic
Dzeko

subs:
Cabellero, Mangala, Zabaleta, Fernandinho, Navas, Milner, Aguero

Zabaleta I see coming back for the Arsenal game. He needs a rest IMO and as long as he is training well a couple of matches missed will do him good. He has been playing non stop for over 2 years now. So Sagna starts for me (he also didn't play a lot for France). I'd prefer Zaba to take over in the Arsenal game as I think former Arsenal players don't have it good at the Emirates.
Fernando I've only put in b/c Fernandinho's had a tough world cup and a long season with us at the end of which he was visibly exhausted. Although I can easily see him start if Pellers trusts him more or Fernando is not yet completely integrated.
Demicheles while also playing in the WC final is probably all right as a Center Back he should be well rested so I expect him to start until Mangala gets used to Kompany in training.
Nasri had a long break and Silva too didn't have as long a summer as he usually does. They start for me.
Jovetic b/c he is really having a great pre-season and it would be really confidence boosting for him to start and it is also important that Sergio gets a proper rest. We need to be as cautious with him as possible so that he is 100% by the time Chelsea come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.