Newcastle Thread - 2023/24

I think they're a top ten team and little more than that. I think they rode the crest of a wave last year and got lucky with Liverpool and Chelsea completely bombing out with spurs not doing so great either. I think most if not all of their players are miles off being good enough to challenge. I think they thought it was gonna be easier after getting top four last season (as reflected in this summers transfer business) but I think they're in for a poor campaign this year, with the 'top 6' all finishing comfortable ahead of them

Champs league run will depend on their luck in the draw. They'll be well up for it but I think technically they're shit, and although they'll be up for it if they get decent teams they will get totally outclassed

Newcastle are a way off Liverpool player for player imo

Allison > Pope
TAA > Trippier
Robertson > Burn
VVD > Schar/Botman

Further forward, Liverpool of the last 5 years have been decimated but are Newcastle any better than them? Im not convinced!! They’ll both compete for top 4, likely both will not make it!

Newcastle are big and strong but lack the class to undo teams at the highest level.
Arnold was absolute fucking garbage today, he can’t defend to save his life and he should have been sent off, Trippier was far better.

Nunez getting headlines as the Scouse saviour, but who was marking him? Both goals there was nobody within touching distance even though the Bar Codes had an extra player.

Shocking lack of concentration and application by Newcastle, along with woeful management by Howe and his staff.

Newcastle are a way off Liverpool player for player imo

Allison > Pope
TAA > Trippier
Robertson > Burn
VVD > Schar/Botman

Further forward, Liverpool of the last 5 years have been decimated but are Newcastle any better than them? Im not convinced!! They’ll both compete for top 4, likely both will not make it!

Newcastle are big and strong but lack the class to undo teams at the highest level.
I’d have Trippier over TAA all day long and twice on a bank holiday Monday ..

Nunez getting headlines as the Scouse saviour, but who was marking him? Both goals there was nobody within touching distance even though the Bar Codes had an extra player.

Shocking lack of concentration and application by Newcastle, along with woeful management by Howe and his staff.
I think this game marks the beginning of the end for Howe. He is a mid table manager only a small step ahead of the waistcoat. That said having watched them two weeks in a row he has not a lot of real quality at his disposal. 6th or 7th best place they can hope for.

Naive.

1-0 up with 10 minutes to go against 10 men. Still attacking, looking for another goal. Why? Bring another defender on, 5 across the back, keep the ball, see the game out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.