Newcastle Thread - 2023/24

Bump.
I always love doing this post every single season.
Another year when Newcastle United win fuck all.
It's now 69 years since NUFC last won a major domestic trophy.
That means that a Geordie who was born the same year as me (1956) has never experienced them lifting a domestic trophy.
That is a truly shocking fact for a team that is supposed to be from " a hotbed of soccer" and " the Geordie Nation" etc.
Long may it continue as far as I'm concerned.
They beat us too - in a time when there were no subs and we lost one of our best players, full back Jimmy Meadows, to injury on 17 mins yet we equalised when down to 10 men and got to half time. It would have needed a miracle to win it though and sure enough we lost 3-1.
Oh and we had 34 years of shit since then. So goodness knows what they've been like.

They were shit today.
We played not to give them much if any chances but still should have scored 2 or 3 more.

Shocking performance from the barcodes, and it has to be the end of Howe, for me those players were not giving their all today and going through the motions in a cup quarter final.

Mourinho to the toon, just when things looked to be getting better, wey aye man!!

Had a bunch of them on my tram to the stadium. All in fine voice and no trouble at all. They must have been thoroughly depressed after the game as their team just didn’t turn up.

The empty seat song did them no favours, they have very short memories.
They certainly have. Where were their supporters when they were shite.1000638955.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.