Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

no
He would have got their crowd going even more. There was a lot of talk about him before the game due to his taking the piss moment out of Almiron on our victory parade...they were very hyped up about giving him stick etc and their crown definitely played a part today so no i dont thiknk we missed him at all

Yep, that vibe of Grealish's when he gets a lot of unnecessary attention is the thing I hate most about him.. It's not a show or fucking circus, it's a game and Grealish is performing like a clown sometimes and funny is he is 26-27, not a young boy any more like Balotelli to seek an attention.. At least seek attention via scoring some goals and assists, making crowd angry and chaos on the pitch isn't helping us even a little bit..

But as a player, like against West Ham - when he helped us a lot during build-ups, I think he could have helped.. I thought Bernardo could do the same role today, but except goal and assist - Bernardo was a shite TBF, a lot of mistakes, a lot of stupid decisions, low energy.. And also, when a player isn't certain about his future and even Pep can't say he stays or not, I think shouldn't be played in such an important game.. Especially if we consider how good game Mahrez had against Bournemouth..

So basically Cancelo treading on someone's foot is the same punishment as taking off 2 footed and scything down an opponent and not getting within 3 feet of the ball?

The first incident is the ref evening the game up,
the second was reckless and out of control.

But fuck it we didn't chuck a 2 goal lead away, no that was done by the brilliant magnificent awesome superb courageous swash buckling (think thats all of them now from sky) Magpies.

They seem to have one game plan - get the ball to Maximan and although Walker could cope with his speed he couldn’t cope with his skill. He was getting frustrated and I was praying he didn’t have one of his brain farts.

I think the barcode’s defence was poor but for most of the game we didn’t trouble them enough.

For much of the game they simply worked harder than us and seemed more up for it.

We need to utilise Haaland much more. Too many players taking long shots from 20 yards out or going for goal themselves.
Walker could most definitely not cope with his speed. He was running in his vapour trail most of the game. Walker's pace looked like a distant memory for much of the game.

THIS

Very noteable that we dont have as mcuh control of the midfield even int he first two games ...Pep is trying to use the fullbacks tucking in to counter act it BUT against teams with fast wide men and a really hard press froma. midfield that could be dangerous. Walker as good as he is isnt technically gifted enough when caught by a press inmidfield, Cancello wilts at times under pressure and Gundo again as good as he is struggles and always has done in that situation...

I think today after half time made gundo and rodri and KDB (to a lesser extent) get closer to rodri which saw us gain control.
So your post implies we need to play 4-2-3-1 against such teams or dropping Haaland.

The best thing about today for me even being 3-1 down away in the Premier League we still believe we can come back and win 4-3 as fans it's fucking brilliant. This team is a machine and it's great knowing even going behind by two goals we can come back and win.

Fucking love this manager and group of players.
I suspect opponents almost dread going two up against City, knowing that the team is just going to come back stronger.

Sorry if the above sounded like something a Liverpool cult FC fan comment, but the fighting spirit in the team is really superb. One multi goal fight back in the last half an hour of the season to win the title is unbelievable, two in a decade is ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.