Newcastle United (a) pre-match thread

Newcastle United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your self righteous attitude sucks. they beat us in the same fixture last season and you claim they cannot hurt us. As for motherfucker, as I said, grow up
We're only fans, our attitude doesn't matter, we're allowed to be over confident and our record against them makes over confidence understandable and certainly not "pathetic"

Happy with that too, but conflicted about Mendy - he can be a bit of a liability defensively, and seems to have gone off the boil with his attacking and crossing, but obviously he needs minutes to get back to where he was!
There’s only one way we are ever going to make a proper judgement on mendy and that’s him playing plenty of games. Hoping he improves on recent form and should be a really good chance today to shine.

i always panic when i see Gundogan is in the team. He slows it down way too much

He's a quality footballer, but when him and Silva are in midfield together I do worry that we will be overrun by the opposition. Hopefully we will have too much quality for them but think it will be a difficult game.

City to win 2-1.

i always panic when i see Gundogan is in the team. He slows it down way too much

To be fair in front of the defence he usually plays well. Apart from more presence i struggle to see what more Rodri brings at the moment. The way i view it is Gundo is almost certain to start most games so I'm just happy when he's not wasting a number 8 position.

Prefer Rodri, Gundogan slows the game down too much.
I’m not really impressed with Rodri at all so far. Gundo in DM is by far the better choice. He passes the ball forward for a start.

Too many people base their opinion on Gundogan from all his games but he’s an average attacking mid and an excellent defensive mid. If we only ever saw Gundo on DM we’d all think he was magic. I can’t remember a game where he didn’t play well there.

The key today is if we get enough energy from Silva and de Bruyne because we’ve lacked energy in attacking mid and aren’t swept up well with lack of pace in DM without Fernandinho.

If Silva and de Bruyne can be tenacious all game Gundo will play well behind them as he can find key forward passes where Rodri can’t.

I just want a quick tempo upbeat city performance where we get our shots on target

have done the free printing money bet of city 10 or more corners

Where’s he’s at his best and he’s better than Rodri while we can’t play Fernandinho there.

he aint better than rodri in any sense....especially defensively - he gets walked all over by any team that attacks him and he cant recover as he looks like he is running in cement

What gundogan is good at is keeping the game ticking over and linking play.......but he lacks creativity and often plays sideways and backwards passes (to keep retention of the ball which is not always a bad thing but he isnt brave in his passing as Pep would say).

Rodri is better all around defensively (esp at winning the ball back and stopping breakaways)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.