Newcastle United (A) - Wed 27th Sept, 20:00 | EFL Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be negative but is there any point in even sending the first team to this game? If we get to a quarter final we’ll be playing the youth team anyway
We could draw a relative minnow in the next round (if we get through), already through are:
Exeter City
Ipswich Town
Mansfield Town
Port Vale

Plus one of Cardiff or Blackburn to join,
plus a more challenging Middlesbrough.

You've got to be in it to win it!

Nunes has upgraded to important status. I knew it would happen as soon as I saw him play in game 1. He brings a different aspect, yet comfortable enough to play our system.
Not exactly sure what you mean here, but it feels like there are plenty of “important” players in this group.

Pep seemed to insinuate Kovacic and Grealish needed minutes. And he’s clearly trying something out with Phillips. So maybe it’s more he just doesn’t need him right now.

The players that have come in are good enough to beat a weakened Newcastle

Ortega , never let us down and great back up keeper
Lewis , fearless and loads of energy
Gomez , a better player further up the field , never a full back
Phillips , the jury is out really hope he takes the game to them its time for him to step up
Bobb , exciting prospect has looked good in the few minutes he has played

Wasnt looking forward to this , but i am now , looking at that Barcodes line-up , COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS !!!!!

Fuck me, he's started Phillips. Somehow don't think this cup is a priority this season.

Strange thing to say on the face of it but I'm disappointed we've gone so strong, particularly with the bench.

Peps been moaning about the traveling, well he didn't have to make those on the bench travel, should have all had the night off. So many ways for this to backfire and for what? The chance to play the entire eds team in the quarters against probably stronger but certainly no weaker opposition than tonight who he's said last night none of them are ready to play football at this level yet. Should have binned it off properly.

That team should win comfortably against what Newcastle have lined up with. Big chance for phillips and bobb to impress tonight.

We could draw a relative minnow in the next round (if we get through), already through are:
Exeter City
Ipswich Town
Mansfield Town
Port Vale

Plus one of Cardiff or Blackburn to join,
plus a more challenging Middlesbrough.

You've got to be in it to win it!
It's a shoe in that one of them will be going to the swamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.