Newcastle United (H) - Sat 16th March, 17:30 | FA Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ll have a very noisy away following so we need early goals to quiet them down

A little extreme with not starting another game this season, but since his honeymoon period when he was having full-backs on toast, it seems to me defences have wised up and doubled up and now his only trick is cutting inside and misfiring a shot, or recycling the ball which, frankly, he isn't very good at yet. Give him time and a little less pressure.

Given the week's rest and Pep's full on attitude to cup competitions, there's no way he won't put out the strongest team possible. It would be a major change of approach and he is acutely aware of the legacy effect of repeating the treble. Why would he take the risk?

Now the next question is which does he think is his strongest team? No idea personally I've always been crap at Pep Roulette.

A little extreme with not starting another game this season, but since his honeymoon period when he was having full-backs on toast, it seems to me defences have wised up and doubled up and now his only trick is cutting inside and misfiring a shot, or recycling the ball which, frankly, he isn't very good at yet. Give him time and a little less pressure.
Jack was arguably worse in his first season and even now is predictable.

I’m sure Doku will settle with time, still early doors for him with this team and Pep

Jack was arguably worse in his first season and even now is predictable.

I’m sure Doku will settle with time, still early doors for him with this team and Pep

Yes, but my point was more that Guardiola likes predictable. He trusts his players to take risks and make the right choices, but if they take risks and make the wrong choices, then they will be in "trouble". I get the impression Doku may be in a little "trouble". And by trouble I don't really mean trouble, I just mean Guardiola "trouble".

Yes, but my point was more that Guardiola likes predictable. He trusts his players to take risks and make the right choices, but if they take risks and make the wrong choices, then they will be in "trouble". I get the impression Doku may be in a little "trouble". And by trouble I don't really mean trouble, I just mean Guardiola "trouble".
I don’t think he is. Pep is old and ugly enough to know he is a young lad in a new league, playing a new style and will factor that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.