Newcastle United takeover?

Clowny

Dont get what was this whole circus when Sheffield United as far as I know has owner from Saudia Arabia.

they were generally praised by media as a fresh, new power as prmoted team, playing well, Wilder punching above his height etc.

Wish they would put in a crazy transfer window trying to go for top4/top6 place , the media quickly would turn it into a Saudi sportwashing story with hollow success for them to stay up and finish top 10.

That's pretty much it. If they start threatening some of the self proclaimed big club's positions, then the knives will come out. For now, they are the lovable, plucky, non-threatening underdogs.

jrb

It's getting messy.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley accuses Premier League of blocking £300m Saudi-led takeover to protect interests of 'certain clubs' and aims to beat 'dark forces' at work after filing lawsuit​

Clevers

It's getting messy.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley accuses Premier League of blocking £300m Saudi-led takeover to protect interests of 'certain clubs' and aims to beat 'dark forces' at work after filing lawsuit​

jrb

According to reports it was Red Shirts. Basically the Yanks.

Would love this to play out in the public domain.

The public mud slinging between Ashley, the PL, and the Yanks would be fantastic.

Fode N The Hole

Fuck Ashley, if he wants to sell up to the body dismembering evil bastard MBS he should be obliged to live in KSA for several years.

Last edited:

Newman Noggs

Newcastle lost a Court case containing similar features to the one we are involved in i.e. that the PL arbitration system is (or was) bent and being run by liverpool and united which is evidently true.

Much as I don't like Ashley, there would be greater weight to the argument if there could be some kind of collaboration.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.