Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris a few have mentioned the ups and down of following any club, I get that, it's part of football but actively encouraging something that will increase the likelihood of more downs is weird in my opinion.

On your second point about needing success I'm talking about the club needing current levels of income to sustain itself. Its not rocket science, look at Arsenal since they swapped CL money for Thursday money. In the scenario I'm talking about we have 5 really strong clubs, Newcastle, City, Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea, 5 into 4 doesn't go. One well run, successful club will miss out if they make even a couple of mistakes, Utd are a more recent example of quickly it can go wrong. Mistakes at that level are much harder to rectify, they are a lot more expensive than Bony and Jo, mistakes like Ozil, Sanchez and Ronaldo can cripple a club. Post Pep that could easily be you given history also tells us that legendary managers are very rarely adequately replaced.

United are not a well run club though. They are succesful on a commercial level with sponsorship and exploitation of the " brand " , but the club is hugely undermined by the farcically pathetic management of the team by utter fuckwits and their continued ridiculous belief in the " united way ".

Thankfully as long as they continue with their amateurish and childlike historical approach they will continue to fall at the ultimate hurdle

I guess he's done an OK job keeping them up, but the mainstream pundits have been exceptionally soft on Bruce, so much so I think he'll probably get another Prem job now, whereas pre Newcastle he was long gone and in the championship for years. Unless he retires of course.

No Director of Football appointed and Bruce sacked.
This is a recipe for disaster. They appoint a new manager and Director of Football comes after, and say they don't gel. The director of football should have been first and foremost appointed. As he is responsible for settling a way of playing like we do at City and then the manager can be swapped or let go off, provided there is a system in place of types of players the club needs to buy to fit the way of play the director of football wants to implement and a manager HE HIRES to fit that way of playing.

No Director of Football appointed and Bruce sacked.
This is a recipe for disaster. They appoint a new manager and Director of Football comes after, and say they don't gel. The director of football should have been first and foremost appointed. As he is responsible for settling a way of playing like we do at City and then the manager can be swapped or let go off, provided there is a system in place of types of players the club needs to buy to fit the way of play the director of football wants to implement and a manager HE HIRES to fit that way of playing.
Have they hired a new manager?

Personally I think he should have been given more time, seems a hasty decision

He's released a statement saying this could be his last job as the amount of abused he's received being Newcastle manager has really affected him and his family. He's really ripped into the supporters

that is part of being a manager in football ? its a result business and fans are paying good money and want something back. also your getting very good money and a lifestyle thats part of the job..

can never understand clubs giving managers like bruce a chance because of their back ground at utd
non- of united ex-players have done anything at management levels to keep getting jobs.. unless its because of the links they are placed in good jobs to help united when facing them knowing they roll over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.