Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no fan of Steve Bruce but the way the Toon fans have treated him is a disgrace. He's a self confessed Newcastle fan from childhood, had little financial backing from Ashley and appears to have done his best under difficult circumstances. No excuse for all that booing at the final whistle today. The players did their best but the squad is championship material. TBF they made Spuds look like world beaters and that's down to Ashley, not Bruce. Its gonna be a long hard road for the so called richest club on the planet. Let's see how many marquee signings they make when they're rooted in the relegation zone in January.

He was a major step down from Rafa and the style of play nowhere near as good.

Southampton have enough to stay up, they battered Leeds yesterday and had some decent results against tough sides. It's just the lack of goals for them, but drew with us, Rags, West Ham and took a red card for Chelsea to get the upper hand late on against them. Solid side.
Agree, Southampton are a solid side, they wont drop. Burnley a step above Newcastle. So for me one of Leeds or Newcastle to go with Watford and norwich.

He was a major step down from Rafa and the style of play nowhere near as good.

Correct. You get what you pay for - Ashley wouldn't back Benitez financially so he walked. I think that managing his home town club was a case of heart ruling head for Bruce. Buying the likes of Almiron & Joelinton was never likely to win get them anywhere, and it appears that he had little say in transfer activity.
We see a lot of him on Look North News up here and he's always been honest in his interviews. I have to say that he's shown a lot more class than the majority of their shit house fans.

I don't think Leeds will be anywhere near personally, poor start but the calibre of players they've got they'll be alright.
On the face of it yes and a quality coach, but just have this niggly Sheffield United feeling about them this season - depends if their confidence is hit by their start.

I'm no fan of Steve Bruce but the way the Toon fans have treated him is a disgrace. He's a self confessed Newcastle fan from childhood, had little financial backing from Ashley and appears to have done his best under difficult circumstances. No excuse for all that booing at the final whistle today. The players did their best but the squad is championship material. TBF they made Spuds look like world beaters and that's down to Ashley, not Bruce. Its gonna be a long hard road for the so called richest club on the planet. Let's see how many marquee signings they make when they're rooted in the relegation zone in January.

This is an amazing example of how the media distorts the views of their favourites.

He's a self confessed Newcastle fan from childhood

He's a self confessed Newcastle fan now he's managing Newcastle. What did he say before he was Newcastle manager?

"Managing Newcastle has never been my dream."

had little financial backing from Ashley

This is laughably not true. Only 7 clubs have spent more than Newcastle under Bruce. £160m net spend over the last 2 years! Under Rafa they had the lowest spend in the league, since Rafa has gone, they've spent loads.

We see a lot of him on Look North News up here and he's always been honest in his interviews. I have to say that he's shown a lot more class than the majority of their shit house fans.

Steve Bruce is a massive prick, and the only club he's managed where he's thought of fondly is Hull City - and he's not exactly a hero there.

Read up on how he treated Sheffield Wednesday if you think he's a great bloke. He joined them, immediately decided he couldn't do the job because he had to recover from surgeries (which happened before he took the job) went on a 6 week paid holiday, which the Wednesday owner gave him willingly because he's either very nice or gullible, and then on his return immediately dumped them as soon as a Premier League club came calling.

He also tried to claim he had no love for Birmingham when he became Villa manager, so turned the only fans who'd ever liked him against him.

As a manager he's done 1/3rd the job with 3x the money as Benitez and it's genuinely incredible that he convinced Ashley to give him an £8m severance even with Ashley knowing he'd never have to pay it himself.

Last edited:
Who have they got, in their current squad, that's able to step up to the relegation challenge? They are fucked. Even a January window will only be a gloss over, at best.
They have some decent players but many will be looking round and thinking I'm getting sold or binned anyway so why would I care.

They are bang in trouble and I can't wait to see what money they piss away in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.