Newcastle Utd PL (H) |Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Excellent team performance, with 3 outstanding performances for me.

KDB played some brilliant balls and ran his socks off again, especially on the counter.

Zinchenko played like he was first choice LB, and has been for 5 seasons, and was unlucky he didn’t get on the scoresheet for the first time, with the shot tipped over and the shank that allowed Foden a tap in.

Rodri ran the game from front to back when in and out of possession and wrapped up a brilliant performance with the goal that killed off the game. If he is not the best DM in the world, I want to know who is better and how they contribute more to their team’s play than him.

1) Rodri
2) KDB
3) Zinchenko

I thought the whole team played very well without exception. A measured and intelligent response to Wednesday.
I thought that was Zins best performance of the season. His distribution was immaculate. Gundo glued everything together nicely. Up front, Sterling was busy and took his two goals well and his movement was as usual, exceptional. Gabby worked bloody hard. He had a couple of what looked like great chances but you look at them closely and the defence did enough in both incidents to prevent him scoring. I though Jack came onto a good game and particularly enjoyed seeing him absolutely roast our Keiran. Eddie made a 'match winning' save at 2-1 for all those that claim he doesn't ever do that ;-)
My man of the match was between Kevin and Rodders and I think I just give it to Rodders for the unheralded work he does and his exceptional headed finish.

KIng Kev, was like a man possessed to win the game. Grealish played more direct and looked the player we know he can be on his day, but to be fair the whole team played well.

Glad to see that a lot of people saw the same as me, Zinny was brilliant. He's always committed but he's getting forwards really nicely rather than just being a passing outlet there, he's getting involved in the attacks. I thought he did his defensive duties really well and people really underestimate his leap for headers as well.

Grealish did ok. I know his game isn't the same as the other guys and Pep uses him more to disrupt rhythm because he can go from fast to slow and vice-versa pretty well, but sometimes he really needs to make those runs and he will have tap-ins. I'm not talking about the one's Neville was mentioning in the commentary, they aren't natural to him and they take some learning, but the 1-2 run's into the box which we know guys like KDB, Gundo and Foden can deliver to him. I also think his passing is under-utilised, there's a lot more range to him than people have seen and hopefully it will come about next season.

Gundo i think is struggling again with something, he looks a half-a-step of the pace and back to his passive game from a couple seasons ago. He's capable of so much more, but i think the injuries are hampering him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.