Newcastle Vs City C1C Post Match Thread

Re: Newcastle Vs City C1C Post Match Thread

oakiecokie said:
Colins Bellend said:
Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
A few points about last night.
Nothing to get excited about, but a creditable performance by the squad players. That's about the size of it. Fact is, City were a body without a brain for the initial ninety minutes. Take the likes of Silva, Ferny, Nasri, Yaya out of the equation. You've got the whole story right there. As soon as Merlin was on, there was a mind in midfield, and everybody saw the difference. Pants: he can be slow to get down to shots along the ground (although he wasn't last night) but to me he looked rock solid for everything in the air. So he should, he's a big man. Talking about big men. I'm not one of the serial Dzeko slaggers, far from it, and I know he did some good things in extra time, but for the first ninety minutes, he was a ghost. Was he actually on the pitch, in fact? Everything about his body language says "Consider me gone". Did anybody notice that he didn't celebrate his goal ? Joleon defended fairly tidily. True, going forward, he always passes the ball square, as if to say "Got no idea what to do with this, mate. Have you got any ideas?" He leaves distribution to the more skilful players like Vinnie and Nastasic, but his positional sense, to me, makes him first choice over Garcia for that particular role all day long. Finally, Garcia. I'm not a Garcia slagger either — nobody who puts on that blue shirt is "shit", in my book, we're too big a club for that, now — but I just can't work out what Garcia was brought in for. Can anyone enlighten me? He's not skilled enough with either foot to be in our midfield (not when you look at who's there, see the above list), and he's not mobile enough and doesn't have the positional and pitch awareness to be a central defender. Perhaps he's our secret keeper for when we drop Joe? Or a striker for when Kun gets injured?
What about a special mention for Kolarov , he's still rubbish

Behave !! Kolarov is not rubbish !! He`s fucking shite.

Could you imagine Andy Morrison just accepting another cross knocked into the box,lost count last night of unoppossed crosses he did not close down,our players at the back are too nice,we need an animal to hand out severe bollockings.

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/iIXD2c_HDBc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/iIXD2c_HDBc</a>

Video of Negredo's goal plus post goal celebration, smoke bomb

Tony Adcock said:
I'm not one of the serial Dzeko slaggers, far from it, and I know he did some good things in extra time, but for the first ninety minutes, he was a ghost. Was he actually on the pitch, in fact? Everything about his body language says "Consider me gone". Did anybody notice that he didn't celebrate his goal ?

Bits of that I agree with......but to say he did not celebrate his goal is just not true. A clear double fist pump and hug with Navas isn't enough ??!!

Evening all. I'll have my final say on this, and then won't bother you any further with a topic that, God knows, has been done to death on Bluemoon and then some.
Re Dzeko. I rest my case on this: go back to the highlights of West Brom away last season. We were huge that day. Huge. We were mean as fuck, ten men against eleven,on their turf, they're having a good run at that point, and we steal everything from them! A match I've watched many times, because that was the point where I thought, Yes, we can and will win back to back titles. Alas, one swallow does not etc. No need to dwell. Now credit where credit is due. To come on cold like that, hit two goals, turn the game round completely and nick the three points for us, that was monumental, and even the Dzeko nay-sayers have to concede it. Just look at Dzeko's celebrations, especially after the second, and compare with the Newcastle match. See the difference? Or if you prefer, go back to any match in the 2011-12 season in which he scores, and watch his behaviour. In fact, I've got a theory that the West Brom game was the beginning of the end between us and Edin because, at that point, or in the period following, he must've thought "What have I got to do to get a place in the starting line-up and play the full ninety minutes for a few matches in succession? What?" And if anyone's nerdy enough (as I am) to go back to their programme for the QPR game and look at the information on player appearances through the title winning season, you will see - I admit I was astonished myself - that even in that season, Dzeko was either substituted himself or brought on as a substitute or simply left on the bench without any playing time, for nearly all the games. Fact is he has, rightly or wrongly, I'm not getting into that, always been treated as a bench player by City, first by Mancini, now by Pellers. And again, rightly or wrongly, he doesn't see himself as a bench player. I hope what i've said up to now clearly shows that I am not a Dzeko basher just for the sake of it. But it is legitimate to criticize a player who gets paid big bucks and isn't putting in a shift. And that is now sadly the perception of a lot of us.
But behind all this, there is more important problem that isn't going to go away, the problem of genuinely big clubs. How do you buy a class player - if they are class - and then tell them "Sorry pal, we rate you and everything, but you've only got a bit part in this team, and you'll be spending most of your time on the bench". It's a problem that may loom up with Jovetic. It's called squaring the circle, and I'm glad I don't get paid to man-manage situations like that. Well, on to Norwich. Signing off...

Started off well with Rodwell's reverse pass to put Jovetic through (wrongly flagged offside) only for Krull to make a good save.After Williamson took out Jovetic, everything became more laboured and rodwell faded more and more.Even before Silva came on , we could've scored when Dzeko sent Navas through and he turned Krull inside out then passed back to Milner who overhit his long shot chip.
Silva's arrival was the catalyst for creativity to shine and the Dzeko-Negredo partnership to take shape.Dzeko's clever pass to Negredo was only denied by Krull palming out Negredo's delayed dink.
After Costel kept us in it with his point blank save from Cisse,Dzeko assisted the first by shaking off their hard man Tiote and, with his nutmeg on debuchy, setting up Negredo for a cool finish. Finally, a very classy goal with Milner and Merlin swapping passes, Milner's neat through ball and Dzeko's expert finish,checking his stride, sidestepping Krull and slotting with a reverse shot.
when it got going, the combination play between Edin and Alf was top class. Kun's in great form, long may it continue but there will be other times when these two could be very effective in strike partnership.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.