Newcastle

whothefisAlice

Does anyone think that they can be a real force next season? I think they are assembling one hell of a squad up there in Geordie land. If they can keep hold of Ben Arfa, Collocini, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez, R.Taylor (if only for set pieces), Ba (low buyout clause that most know of) and Cisse (just purchased and a dead-cert superstar in the making it seems), then I really think they will be pushing for top 4 next year. I think this year is too soon for top four, and they have just lost Collocini for a few matches (he is their Vinny).

Stephen Taylor has missed almost this entire season through injury, and when paired with Collocini, they can be a rock solid cb pairing. I would say they do need a better rb, another cb (either as cover or to partner Collocini ahead of S Taylor), and another winger (Ben Arfa for me is better off sitting behind Ba and Cisse).

Cabaye, Tiote and Gutierrez are the backbone of a very solid, creative midfield, and with Taylor and/or Santon (not impressed yet though) adding extra width, they have no major room for improvement there having just said I think they could do with a/another winger (Obertan...chuckle)

They have a frighteningly good strike-force coming together in Ba and Cisse.

Again, holding on to all those names will be hard, and I do see at least Tiote and possibly Ba going, but with a couple of solid reinforcements, the emergence of Ben Arfa (without injury, and as a mainstay) and Cabaye, I see only good things for Newcastle. Pardew may have found his home up there, and if he can bring in a couple big names (remember they have a small fortune they, well Ashley is sitting on from a certain lanky streak of piss at 35m), and show their ambition to everyone involved, I see players staying and pushing for Ch League footy.

They won't be challenging for a title anytime soon, but it would be wonderful to have another club pushing the Chelseas, Liverpools, Tottenhams out of the top 4.

Just my thoughts. They play a nice style of football in my opinion, and I have nothing against N.U.F.C.

TCIB said:
Need to see what they do in summer before i would have an idea on this tbh.

Agreed and I think it all revolves around two players....Tiote and Ba. If those two stay, then I think the rest of those names will too, and they will certainly be an attractive club for players on the lookout for a new one, and a move to or around the Premiership.

Like I said, they won't be a threat to us (I assume), and to be fair it matters little to me how they go about their business, but they look like they have turned a huge corner in just a short space of time. They were in crisis not so long ago.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:53 pm --<br /><br />How about we send them Kolarov and Dzeko in exchange for Collocini and Ba, and 20m...?

Hart
Richards Coloccini Kompany Clichy
Yaya Nasri
Silva Aguero Tevez/Bale
Ba

Yep they must stop people with the same ideas as you hehe.

They must keep them somehow, otherwise it is back to square one.

One geordie came on the board last night, he is adamant about shoring up the defensive options as a priority.

It is funny just a year or so ago they wanted Ashleys head on a spike, with good reason.

Football eh, don't you just love it

whothefisAlice said:
TCIB said:

Agreed and I think it all revolves around two players....Tiote and Ba. If those two stay, then I think the rest of those names will too, and they will certainly be an attractive club for players on the lookout for a new one, and a move to or around the Premiership.

Like I said, they won't be a threat to us (I assume), and to be fair it matters little to me how they go about their business, but they look like they have turned a huge corner in just a short space of time. They were in crisis not so long ago.

-- Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:53 pm --

How about we send them Kolarov and Dzeko in exchange for Collocini and Ba, and 20m...?

Hart
Yaya Nasri
Silva Aguero Tevez/Bale
Ba

Collocini isn't better than Lescott and Ba will never be top quality for a top club.

ManCitizens. said:
whothefisAlice said:
TCIB said:

Like I said, they won't be a threat to us (I assume), and to be fair it matters little to me how they go about their business, but they look like they have turned a huge corner in just a short space of time. They were in crisis not so long ago.

-- Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:53 pm --

How about we send them Kolarov and Dzeko in exchange for Collocini and Ba, and 20m...?

Hart
Yaya Nasri
Silva Aguero Tevez/Bale
Ba

Collocini isn't better than Lescott and Ba will never be top quality for a top club.

Not sure I agree with either of your statements, but to each their own...

Lescott/Coll aside, i would gladly take Ba tomorrow morning, and at 3/4m (if that really is how low his buyout is) i'd swim the Atlantic and give him a piggy back ride all the way to Eastlands for a small tuppence.

I would love for them to have some success, imagine that eh, Manchester City, Newcastle & Spurs? Even if I don't like Spurs too much it makes a change from the old guard!

I said when they signed Ben Arfa and Cabaye that they were making some serious transfers for next to nothing and they will assemble a fantastic squad in a few seasons. Exciting times up there in the summer if they keep the names and add more.

Newcastle don't have enough quality, or enough money, to puch on any further than their current level. They may well finish 5th this season, can you really see them as a Champion's League side? I can see them challenging for Europa League places next season, the same as this, but they'll not be close to the Champion's League spots, they need to buy a lot of defenders if that's their aim.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.