Newport (a) pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The state of their pitch would be my only concern ... bit of a pickle Pep would be in trying to decide the team ... on one hand would like to save big players for the upcoming big games ... two in cups followed by two in the league close together ... but on the other hand he won’t risk the tie by keeping all of the first XI away, he has already said as much that this is the round we lost against Wigan last season so this year it’s absolute must for us to go past to next rounds of the FA Cup ...

This is how fixtures line up for us now ...

Sat 16 Feb - Newport (A) - FA cup R5
Sun 17 Feb
Mon 18 Feb - FA Cup QF Draw (if through)
Tue 19 Feb
Wed 20 Feb - Schalke (A) - CL Last 16
Thu 21 Feb
Fri 22 Feb
Sat 23 Feb
Sun 24 Feb - Chelsea (N) - League Cup Final
Mon 25 Feb
Tue 26 Feb
Wed 27 Feb - West Ham (H) - PL
Thu 28 Feb
Fri 1 Mar
Sat 2 Mar - Bournemouth (A) - PL

So a dilemma indeed with four absolute big games coming up and so close together too following this tie ...

I expect Mahrez, Jesus, Foden and Muric to start, other than those four is anyone’s guess ... actually can’t even be sure of Muric as he has played Ederson in FA Cup so far and if Muric is playing the final, it might be Ederson here again ...

But the absolute best thing right now is Liverpool (fans + players) have to fret over facing United away while watching us sit pretty at the top of the table and having gotten there in some style after today’s thrashing ... and they have to wait a whole two weeks for thier (away to Scum) fixture too, no pressure!!

Stadium and training only 5 miles away, perhaps I will do a Bielsa :) The whole place down here is buzzing. We should not go too weak but I don’t suppose Pep will. I was at Halifax, but this I would never live down :) This squad is relentless!

The state of their pitch would be my only concern ... bit of a pickle Pep would be in trying to decide the team ... on one hand would like to save big players for the upcoming big games ... two in cups followed by two in the league close together ... but on the other hand he won’t risk the tie by keeping all of the first XI away, he has already said as much that this is the round we lost against Wigan last season so this year it’s absolute must for us to go past to next rounds of the FA Cup ...

This is how fixtures line up for us now ...

Sat 16 Feb - Newport (A) - FA cup R5
Sun 17 Feb
Mon 18 Feb - FA Cup QF Draw (if through)
Tue 19 Feb
Wed 20 Feb - Schalke (A) - CL Last 16
Thu 21 Feb
Fri 22 Feb
Sat 23 Feb
Sun 24 Feb - Chelsea (N) - League Cup Final
Mon 25 Feb
Tue 26 Feb
Wed 27 Feb - West Ham (H) - PL
Thu 28 Feb
Fri 1 Mar
Sat 2 Mar - Bournemouth (A) - PL

So a dilemma indeed with four absolute big games coming up and so close together too following this tie ...

I expect Mahrez, Jesus, Foden and Muric to start, other than those four is anyone’s guess ... actually can’t even be sure of Muric as he has played Ederson in FA Cup so far and if Muric is playing the final, it might be Ederson here again ...

But the absolute best thing right now is Liverpool (fans + players) have to fret over facing United away while watching us sit pretty at the top of the table and having gotten there in some style after today’s thrashing ... and they have to wait a whole two weeks for thier (away to Scum) fixture too, no pressure!!

Their lack of games won’t help them; it will actually break their rhythm and they’ll find it harder to get up to top form. Or so I hope.

Pep will probably go stronger than many will want or expect as he won't want to even entertain the possibility of a huge upset after wigan away last season, he will want to keep momentum going and use it for players he deems needing of minutes so it's going to depend o what goes on in trainjng this week. Think it's reasonably safe to expect Muric, danilo,Delph, Foden, mahrez and jesus to all play unless injured. Can throw Mendy and kompany in the mix if either are fit enough for any minutes. Then I'd like to see Sandler, garcia and a few other kids fill in the gaps instead of established first teamers just because of the state of the pitch and we can't afford injuries with the games we've got after this.

Muric
Danilo
Garcia
Sandler
Zinchenko
Delph
Foden
Silva
Mahrez
Poveda(or another from the academy)
Jesus

An incredibly strong team against a league 2 side whilst playing virtually nobody who is likely to start against schalke and the final later in the week. Our under 21s have beaten better sides this season so whilst the occasion will get them up for it and we need to show them respect, class should shine through comfortably with that side.

never done a pre match thread!
You've done the shittest pre match thread ever you lazy fuck. At least bung some stats in, even if you've made them up.

Here you go:

We've met twice in the FA cup, with City winning both ties in a 2-0 win in 1948 and 3-1 away win in 1963.

Suppose there’s no chance of us offering to relay their pitch,as from what we are hearing it’s not great.i know injuries can occur at anytime in games or even training but why increase the risk with this pitch,spurs did it last season or one before was it away to Rochdale I think ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.