Next 7 games...

Robbo. said:
simonr555 said:
Just my opinion but i think Liverpool are going to get that 4th spot.

totaly agree mate, easy got the best run in.

They have, but they also keep screwing up, like us, like Villa, like even Spurs occasionally. I can't see them winning 6 of their last 7. I reckon they'll struggle against Chelsea and throw at least two of the other 6 away on draws or even a shock loss.

paul_blue said:
Man City ....... Wigan(h), Burnley(a), Birmingham(h), Man Utd(h), Arsenal(a), Aston Villa(h), Tottenham(h), West Ham(a)

Tottenham....... Portsmouth(h), Sunderland(a), Arsenal(h), Chelsea(h), Man Utd(a), Bolton(h), Man City(a), Burnley(a)

Aston Villa ....... Chelsea(a), Bolton(a), Everton(h), Portsmouth(a), Birmingham(h), Man City(a), Blackburn(h) and Hull(a)

Liverpool....... Sunderland(h), Birmingham(a), Fulham(h), West Ham(h), Burnley(a), Chelsea(h), Hull (a)

I just hope it doesn't come down to West Ham needing a win to stay up, and us needing a win to guarantee 4th!!

Predictions and thoughts...

City - 68 points
Spurs - 67 points
Liverpool - 67 points
Villa - 66 points

Robbo. said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I don't see them beating Birmingham Chelsea or Hull. They are so poor away and those are two tricky away matches (and Chelsea will dick them at Anfield).

We have

Aston Villa
Tottenham
Arsenal
Man Utd

in the last 8 games, we have no chance!

I'm far from convinced we'll finish 4th but I just don't think Liverpool will get 18 points from those games. They might suddenly hit a load of good form I suppose but the evidence over the last few months is that they aren't good enough to win away from home against anyone. How many times do they have to suffer "shock" defeats at places like Wigan and Portsmouth before people realise they are not the LIverpool of last season, they are average.
They might win away at Burnley because they seem to have given up under the new manager but other than that, I just don't see it.

paul_blue said:
Man City ....... Wigan(h), Burnley(a), Birmingham(h), Man Utd(h), Arsenal(a), Aston Villa(h), Tottenham(h), West Ham(a)

Tottenham....... Portsmouth(h), Sunderland(a), Arsenal(h), Chelsea(h), Man Utd(a), Bolton(h), Man City(a), Burnley(a)

Aston Villa ....... Chelsea(a), Bolton(a), Everton(h), Portsmouth(a), Birmingham(h), Man City(a), Blackburn(h) and Hull(a)

Liverpool....... Sunderland(h), Birmingham(a), Fulham(h), West Ham(h), Burnley(a), Chelsea(h), Hull (a)

I just hope it doesn't come down to West Ham needing a win to stay up, and us needing a win to guarantee 4th!!

I reckon that after the penultimate weekend it will be:
City - 66, Spurs - 63, Liverpool - 63, Villa - 59. We'll draw against Spurs and only need a point at West Ham to guarantee fourth. Which we'll get.

Prestwich_Blue said:
paul_blue said:

I reckon that after the penultimate weekend it will be:
City - 66, Spurs - 63, Liverpool - 63, Villa - 59. We'll draw against Spurs and only need a point at West Ham to guarantee fourth. Which we'll get.
It's still very much on if we beat Wigan. Villa seem to be disintegrating, and are picking up injuries. Liverpool are too far behind. The obvious worry is Spurs. They can score goals home and away, but they also concede a few. Ideally we can get into a position where we are ahead of Spurs by the time we play them so that a draw is an acceptable result

Marvin said:
The obvious worry is Spurs. They can score goals home and away, but they also concede a few.
Eh? Fourth best defensive record in the league, only conceded one more than Chelsea and four more than United and Villa, and ten less than City.

Spurs stopped leaking goals after Redknapp took over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.