Next Captain

Laporte.

Has to be. Stones is a potential captain but for me Laporte has the temperament and attitude to drive the club on. De Bruyne is temperamental, a quality player but not level headed enough to be captain.

I wouldn't be surprised if Raheem got the gig though.

I've narrowed it down based on characteristics and likelihood to start most games, and for me there are four main candidates:

Ederson - Calm under pressure and an ever present in the team due to his unique playing style.

I agree with you about the qualities of Ederson as a player and a leader. Top guy. But I would exclude him from the reckoning for captain on the pitch. Practical situations arise where only the captain is permitted to address the referee. If that is an outfield incident in an advanced area of the pitch it is really difficult for a goalkeeper to effectively manage that role. And if he did, he risks having to sprint back the length of the pitch. For practical reasons, it isn't a good idea for the goalkeeper to be captain.

Phil will become captain in a few years and will be the longest serving of all lift more trophies and go down as City’s greatest ever player beating Alan Oakes appearance record to boot. Well that’s what I hope
Then have all his records broken by Tommy Doyle two or three years later

Stones is a good shout , he isnt playing enough games at the moment , but when Vinny and Otto retires/leaves the club in the next couple of seasons he will become a regular in the team also Sterling has shown maturity beyond his years dealing with idiotic Dippers ,media Vermin and racist pricks , he certainly has the cahoonas to be a captain and leader.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.