Next Decade

Rhapsody in Blue

Team supported
Manchester City
We have without doubt been the dominant force in English football this decade and it indeed feels like it’s coming a little bit to an end with Yaya, Kompany and soon Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho gone.

It also feels like we are a little bit lost at the moment. To have one transitional year where changes are made is fine, but it feels like Liverpool especially can be difficult to catch for years to come if we let them. It feels like they have better scouting, long-term strategy and a younger and more well-oiled machine and we need to up the game drastically both on and off the pitch.

What do you think is needed to dominate the 20’s?

A new contract OR a new manager.

Yes Pep has to either commit to the rebuild or let someone else have a go. A half hearted last season is no good to anyone. I suspect we will see a new manager in the summer.

Very valid points, if Pep is gonna lead the rebuild he should also sign a new contract imo, but I’m not so sure he will considering what he has achieved with the club and it will be difficult to beat. I don’t think that Klopp’s extension will change that fact.

Do we think that Liverpool’s recent success, much thanks to their full-backs, will tempt City to try to adapt a new style of play as well? It could be argued that the City style doesn’t work very well at the moment neither for the first team nor the EDS and that we might need a fresh approach. Zaba and to a certain extent Walker aside, fullbacks have always been an achilles heel for us and if we had the likes of Robertson/TAA, I think we would dominate Europe. Or is this naive to think bearing in mind our Barca connection?

Our defensive purchases especially CB need to fucking improve and fast. Otherwise we will never become dominant club we clearly have potential to be.

Next decade is time to lower expectations.

Were being put firmly in the Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs bracket whilst the PL flog the Dippers to all and sundry with a little help from PiGMOL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.