Next James Bond?

Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin in Daredevil and Morgan Freeman as the President of the USA in Deep Impact way before the mix raced Obama are fine but I just can't see it working for Bond.

It's like the Milky Bar Kid. It would just not be right with someone of a different ethnicity.

He's a great actor though.

Banned Tosspot said:
Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin in Daredevil and Morgan Freeman as the President of the USA in Deep Impact way before the mix raced Obama are fine but I just can't see it working for Bond.

It's like the Milky Bar Kid. It would just not be right with someone of a different ethnicity.

[bigimg]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmg42Ls4AFX272Hzuf-9hzSJBQxV8XDggU_LHvZVC6pQcbYZz4[/bigimg]

No, no, fucking no. He would be a terrible Bond. I honestly don't understand why they have to fuck about with a successful formula. Daniel Craig is brilliant as Bond and is arguably the best one yet.
I'm not sure why they want to make Bond black, but it sounds like a gimmick.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
Banned Tosspot said:

[bigimg]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmg42Ls4AFX272Hzuf-9hzSJBQxV8XDggU_LHvZVC6pQcbYZz4[/bigimg]
I've changed my mind now ;)

I don't think his race should come into it. He's an actor interested in playing a role and once in that role he should be as synonymous with it as all the previous actors to play it.

There is no reason Bond has to be white. Then at the same time, they shouldn't give him the role simply to spin publicity on the basis he is black.

If he's good enough, if he's right for the part, then he should be selected.

stony said:
No, no, fucking no. He would be a terrible Bond. I honestly don't understand why they have to fuck about with a successful formula. Daniel Craig is brilliant as Bond and is arguably the best one yet.

Not sure why a fictional character can't be black white or yellow.

Is Daniel Craig the best bond or has the writing been better and the special effects bigger recently?

johnmc said:
stony said:

Is Daniel Craig the best bond or has the writing been better and the special effects bigger recently?

What about Coca Cola doing their xmas adverts with a black father christmas?

johnmc said:
stony said:

Craig is very good as Bond; he brings a sharper edge to the character. If you can't believe in the main character, no amount of special effects will help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.