Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as he wouldn’t be my first choice I’m pretty sure the Leicester fans are happy with him. Not sure there’s any evidence of them wanting him gone - why would they?

Why, what has Potter achieved that Rodgers hasn't ?
Very good manager. He needs to test himself at a bigger club than Brighton before he looks at the top teams. I’ve no doubt one day though one of those top teams will take a punt on him.

Newcastle could be that next step.

As I said, join the dots and make your mind up.
By saying "surely" you are obviously assuming that he has developed since leaving Liverpool.

That's because you know that performances in the SPL/Celtic job is little or no measure of potential for a job at an elite level.

if a couple of 'creditable performances' against top teams is good enough to qualify to be City coach, we can expect to see the likes of Daniel Farke, Bielsa, and the Stretford Gnome on Khaldoon's wishlist.

Personally, wouldn't employ any of them to walk the dog.

I am absolutely certain he has developed as a coach. One very clear example of that was when Leicester beat us at the Etihad last season. Rodgers' natural instinct is not to park the bus and play on the counter but he will now do that.

I've said many time Rodgers wouldn't be my ideal choice but given that I think City are seriously considering him, I want to be objective about the idea.

In the last 20 years only three teams from outside the "Big Five" have won the FA Cup. Rodgers' Leicester are one of those. Maybe it was a freak result or just maybe he is capable of producing trophy winning teams.

I hope Pep will renew his contract again but if he doesn't, we may get to find out first hand just how good Rodgers is.

I am absolutely certain he has developed as a coach. One very clear example of that was when Leicester beat us at the Etihad last season. Rodgers' natural instinct is not to park the bus and play on the counter but he will now do that.

I've said many time Rodgers wouldn't be my ideal choice but given that I think City are seriously considering him, I want to be objective about the idea.

In the last 20 years only three teams from outside the "Big Five" have won the FA Cup. Rodgers' Leicester are one of those. Maybe it was a freak result or just maybe he is capable of producing trophy winning teams.

I hope Pep will renew his contract again but if he doesn't, we may get to find out first hand just how good Rodgers is.
Appreciate what you say.
The only thing that is 100% guaranteed when Pep leaves is that his successor will be a downgrade. It's all about how big a downgrade the club wants to risk appointing.
If we want PL and CL experience, it's a short list.
I'd rather see Ancelotti than Rodgers. Rodgers is on a serious 'vanity trip'.

Appreciate what you say.
The only thing that is 100% guaranteed when Pep leaves is that his successor will be a downgrade. It's all about how big a downgrade the club wants to risk appointing.
If we want PL and CL experience, it's a short list.
I'd rather see Ancelotti than Rodgers. Rodgers is on a serious 'vanity trip'.

I do think BR does think highly of his own talent but I cannot say with confidence that his confidence is misplaced.

I like Ancelotti. He is one of those Italian gentlemen managers. Good chance he'd win the UCL with City but I have always thought that he underachieves domestically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.