Next season it’s time to admit

I remember and I care. Seeing us win the FA Cup and the League Cup were some of the best days of my life

Good for you, and I was and still extremely happy with every trophy we won. In any case, there is still nothing wrong with prioritizing. It is more fruitful than unrealistic dreams of quadruples. Premier League and Champions League are at different levels from domestic cups. If winning the Premier League more frequently and increasing our chances to win Champions League mean prioritizing, then I am all for it. If you disagree, it is your opinion, but it won’t change my opinion.

That the quadruple isn’t going to happen and play reserves and youth players in the two domestic cups. It’s been a heck of a ride and something the club can be extremely proud of.

But we cannot put ourselves in a position again where we play a full strength team in the FA Cup one day and have to rest players a few days later in a CL quarter final.

I know how some will react to this post, especially those that dislike the CL. But when domestic cups become detrimental to success in bigger competitions then something has to give.
Absolute fuckin bollocks....no team has ever won a domestic treble have they? also giving up and purposely getting knocked out of a cup doesn't guarantee you'll win the champions league does it?....go all out fer everything! Spurs will win...Nowt....Liverpool will win...nowt....City will be the first club ever to win the domestic treble/quad.

Good for you, and I was and still extremely happy with every trophy we won. In any case, there is still nothing wrong with prioritizing. It is more fruitful than unrealistic dreams of quadruples. Premier League and Champions League are at different levels from domestic cups. If winning the Premier League more frequently and increasing our chances to win Champions League mean prioritizing, then I am all for it. If you disagree, it is your opinion, but it won’t change my opinion.
31 years of my life I waited to see my team in a meaningful cup final.....and win it!.....can't believe people talk about priorities where cups are concerned!.....31yrs...I want us to go ball's out fer every fuckin trophy going as we have done this year! Fucks up with some blues these days?

We will be undefeated in the league next year
And that's the real key, not sacrificing domestic cups.

Imagine if we had not lost to Palace and Newcastle, taken our chances against Chelsea away and scored that penalty Liverpool away, we would be 10 points ahead.

Then we could easily play out second string in most of the April league games, and focus on the couple of FA cup and few CL games instead.

Pep has said , they will continue taking all comps seriously like this year

Absolute fuckin bollocks....no team has ever won a domestic treble have they? also giving up and purposely getting knocked out of a cup doesn't guarantee you'll win the champions league does it?....go all out fer everything! Spurs will win...Nowt....Liverpool will win...nowt....City will be the first club ever to win the domestic treble/quad.
Very presumptuous to say we’ll win the treble and Liverpool will win nowt.

Anyway, being successful in the domestic cups in great. Failing in the Champs League year after year isn’t. Something has to change and if Guardiola believes he can play a full strength team in an FA Cup game and then rest a few in a CL game a few days later then it is he that has decided we can’t realistically fight on 4 fronts in April.

Also, I don’t how many times this has to be said but our B team is actually pretty damn good and would still have a chance of going far.

It is clear there needs to be a better strategy than the current one, especially if we have large numbers of “sure thing starters” injured for long stretches, because we can’t expect this much from a group of 15 or16 players.

That the quadruple isn’t going to happen and play reserves and youth players in the two domestic cups. It’s been a heck of a ride and something the club can be extremely proud of.

But we cannot put ourselves in a position again where we play a full strength team in the FA Cup one day and have to rest players a few days later in a CL quarter final.

I know how some will react to this post, especially those that dislike the CL. But when domestic cups become detrimental to success in bigger competitions then something has to give.

With Pep at the helm, no chance

31 years of my life I waited to see my team in a meaningful cup final.....and win it!.....can't believe people talk about priorities where cups are concerned!.....31yrs...I want us to go ball's out fer every fuckin trophy going as we have done this year! Fucks up with some blues these days?

You don’t have to be angry or upset. That is your opinion and I respect it. But it doesn’t and will not have impact on my opinion. Not all competitions are equal, as simple as this, and that is my opinion. It is the case in all professional sports, and football is not different at all in that. Some competitions bring much more glory than others. That is life. I would rather focus, at least for the time being, on the real ones, the ones that bring fame and glory. You don’t like that, I have no problem and I will not get angry or upset. It is your opinion.

Dont think we can do it like Wenger/Klopp,
We have a huge squad of great players, around 17 of them expect to play more than 2500 minutes/season.
Many Liverpool bench players got less playing time than Foden this year.

That means all positions should be covered, Txiki failed to buy a DM which proved costly in december/january
That also means in case of injuries, the last 5/6 players of our squad have to be available when needed to keep the rotation going on. we cant afford unreliable players like Kompany/Delph.

PL title should be in the bag before CL QF and in April/May Pep has to make CL a priority

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.