Next seasons home shirt then... (MERGED)

last year's is the best in such a long time. truly a work of art... I get compliments from strangers when I have mine on.

yes agreed. as do I. it was pretty much impossible for umbro to improve upon that kit and still maintain that clean simple design they were looking for. I think they did a good job overall on the new kit, but ya, last years is just too good.

last years 3rd was also a stunner so it's nice to see them keep it. I have that as well. I hope the new away is nice, I'll only be buying that one.

Really angry about this. It's fukcing horrible. A lazy, cheap, nasty Sunday league-style knock off. Only we could get it so right one year, and so wrong the next. I certainly won't be shelling out any of my hard earned on that piece of shite. I wouldn't wipe my dog's arse with it.
What happened to the 'kit ITK' who said we we're going to have a 76-style collar and maroon hoops on the socks? That would have been class, not that Longsight market-looking crap Umbro have foisted on us

VERY nice new shirt, and I really like the collar, which looks like it will be more comfortable than last year's, although the white collar was what really set off last year's shirt.

Looks to me like the FRONT is of a thinner material than last year's shirt. Last year's shirt was pretty thick and warm, whereas I think this year's material (at least the front, and probably the back, although the sleeves look like same material as last year) is thinner and possibly much cooler for the players over 90 minutes.

If had not bought last year's shirt, I would defo be getting this one. However, as others have said, without the desire to have a name and number on the back, it seems a tad pointless to spend £40 (£50?!) on a new one that will appear so similar. Like many of you, I wear the '72 SS shirt too, so having THREE shirts that are pretty similar would be a BIG waste of dosh!

Looking forward to seeing what this midnight blue/zinfandel/whatever away shirt is going to look like. Arsenal's midnight blue kits was pretty decent. However, my preference is #1 Sky Blue, #2 Red and Black, #3 White with black and red sash....FOREVER!

ChicagoBlue said:
Looks to me like the FRONT is of a thinner material than last year's shirt. Last year's shirt was pretty thick and warm, whereas I think this year's material (at least the front, and probably the back, although the sleeves look like same material as last year) is thinner and possibly much cooler for the players over 90 minutes.
It's the same as the England away kit, which uses three different materials: Same material as last season on the front panel, stretchy lycra-type sleeves, and a modern type of airtex material on the back panel. So, yes, it should be a bit more lightweight.

Edit: Here's the official Umbro blurb about the England kit:
The shirt itself is tailored out of three distinct panels consisting of different technical fabrics, each one aimed at providing players with the best possible advantage:

1. The front panel of the shirt is designed for comfort and therefore contains a high cotton content. It also features a sloping neck to increase ventilation to the player's body
2. The back and side fabric includes a mesh to help ventilation and to take moisture away from the player's skin
3. The sleeves, inspired by the 1966 England kit, have a high elastane content which allows maximum player movement

I own an England away long sleeve and that kit is absolutely top notch. the sleeves and collar fit really well and the look is sharp. People slagging the new City kit are truly out to lunch, it's a great kit.

No, it's not last season's, but we all knew it was being replaced so...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.